What's new

Help with HTs in a box (1 Viewer)

MarianoA

Auditioning
OK, I'm ready to purchaste a Home Theater in a Box... my price range is in the $300 - $400 (final price, with tax and shipping charges included).

The 3 finalists are:
- Kenwood HTB-505
- Pioneer HTP-220
- Sony HT-DDW840

After doing a lof of research I found their specifications are very similar, so now I'm asking for some help in here. What do you guys think of these systems? Any other system that you think I should be considering?

Thanks!

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I had a Kenwood HTIB 204 for about 2 years, and it was great for me. It put out plenty of power and sounded darn good for the price. I don't really know anything about the Pioneer and the Sony, but I was happy with my Kenwood and I'm sure you would be too.

:emoji_thumbsup:

MarianoA

Auditioning
I saw the Onkyo HTS650 for around $430 as well... it is a little bit more expensive, so I wonder if it's worth the extra bucks and go for the Onkyo instead of the, say, Kenwood HTB-505...

TimTurtino

Stunt Coordinator
I've listened to most of these fairly extensively. My preferences would be the Onkyo (far above the rest), followed by the Kenwood, followed by the Pioneer. The Sony shouldn't even be allowed in the same room with the Onkyo (IMHO).

That's based on sound quality. The Onkyo also has the most features of the ones you list.

Just one person's opinion, and the usual disclaimer applies-- you should definitely give them a listen yourself (w/ a good range of media that you often listen to) if it's at all possible.

Me

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks