What's new

Crash course in what to look for in power conditioner? (1 Viewer)

theargonaut

Agent
Real Name
Brant
Hi guys. not sure if I'm in the right place but couldn't really find a section dedicated to power that I saw so here I am. I'm looking to replace my old UPS that i've been using in my theater to something more oriented to conditioning and making sure everything is getting clean power as I'm reading more about how that can effect PQ/AQ but I'm not too versed in what to look for when I'm purchasing these units.

I was looking at that Panamax MR4000 as I read good things about it but I don't totally understand what I'm reading so I'm just guessing it's a good unit. My budget is about $200 or less. My concern about that unit is how close together the outlets are considering some of my devices have bricks at the receptacle.

Current setup: I have 2 outlets near the back of my theater where everything connects. I’m not sure if there is a better way to split these up, totally remove certain things from the power my home theater gets, or something else. They are split up as follows:

Belkin UPS:

1. TV: Panasonic PN58C550 Plasma

2. PC Computer with 500w power supply

3. Xbox One

4. HDMI Splitter

5. Logitech Harmony Hub

6. IOGEAR Wireless HD 3D Digital Kit

7. Denon 2310ci Receiver driving 7 speakers / 1 15” SVS Sub

Monster Flat screen HTS 400 Power Center:

1. Cable modem

2. Cable Box

3. Sony Blu Ray Player BDP-S6500

4. Slingbox 350

A couple specific questions:

1. Should all my devices be on the same type of high quality power conditioner like the MR4000 or can I split things off into a cheaper surge protector for things like DVD player, xbox, etc. Does that effect PQ/AQ?

2. Should my 15" sub be on my UPS? Seems like a bad idea now that I'm thinking about it.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated as this is an area I haven't really gotten into before but would like to make sure my devices are getting clean power and making sure it’s not interfering with PQ/AQ as much as possible. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks