What's new

Help with Fixing Convergence (1 Viewer)

HalRoth

Agent
I ask that an experienced convergence person reply. I recently had my TV repaired and had all 3 tubes replaced. They returned the tv to me and it worked fine in regular mode but i popped it into 16X9 mode, its regularly a 4:3 but 16x9 for dvd's. So i put it in 16x9 and the convergence was way off. The Red, Green, and Blue were all displaying words in seperate spots. So it was off by about 2 inches.

They took the TV back and went to work on the convergence. The latest I have heard is that they fixed it, but the convergence just goes out, and they must fix it again and test to see if it will go out again. They said it may be something with the signal board or something like that. Any ideas on why after they fix the convergence, it just goes out again. Or are they just telling me this because they haven't got around to working on it yet? Any help would be geatly appreciated.

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
What is the make and model of the TV? A small amount of drift is normal over time, but what you're describing sounds like either a bad convergence board or failure to save or store the settings after the convergence is set.
In most sets there is a coarse convergence menu and a fine convergence grid. Sounds like there is major work to be done in the coarse convergence menu.

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
Another thing I would add, is that maybe they're fixing the convergence right after they turn on the TV. You have to leave your TV turned on for at least 30 min to make any adjustment. Make sure they're doing that. Otherwise, the convergence will be off everytime you turn it on. Hope that helps.

Hugo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks