Help with Dish reciever/dvd/vcr player.

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by greg buggy, May 24, 2006.

1. greg buggy

greg buggy Auditioning

Aug 1, 2004
    I have a Emerson DVD/VCR combo(EWD2204) and a Dish 301 reciever and a 32 ILO TV. From what I read I have to come from the Dish to the DVD/VCR via the cable. I would like to use the S video cable. Should I run the cable from the EWD2204 then to the TV?
  2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Aug 5, 1999
    Hi Greg,

Welcome to the Forum!

It’s hard to figure out exactly what you’re talking about, but considering the equipment involved I assume you want connections that will let you record from the Dish receiver to the DVD/VCR combo, and watch program material from both the Dish and combo player.

It’s hard to be exact not knowing what all connections your gear has, but I’ll take a stab at it.

If your TV has two sets of A/V (aka audio/video) inputs, (i.e., the RCA and/or S-video jacks), I’d connect the Dish receiver to one of those. You can do this via the antenna connections, and watch the Dish receiver through the TV’s channel 3 or 4, but I think the A/V line connections are better. However, if your TV only has a single A/V input, then using the antenna connections is what you’ll have to do.

Now, if the Dish receiver is like other sat receivers, it has two sets of A/V outputs. Run the second set to the DVD VCR combo’s A/V inputs. This will allow the DVD VCR combo to record sat channels.

The DVD/VCR’s A/V outputs should go the TV’s second A/V inputs.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt