What's new

help ups damaged my reciver please read (1 Viewer)

Jaron Dishner

Auditioning
well i had a little trouble with my tx-ds777 so i go and ship it threw ups for service and the aut. service center is a only 150miles away. i take it in to ups's "MAIN OFFICE" and have them
inspected the package ..."yep it is packed good"
as she seals it up herself... i then proceed to take out $1000.00 insurance on the 777.
2 weeks later i get a call from service center saying my 777 was delivered all to h*ll.
now i filed the claim ,,,it gets inspected and they say it wasn't :::quote::: packaged good enough,, i even told them it was inspected before shipping and they said "well it dosent matter"""
ok....when i shipped it it was,,,,now it isn't
i resimmitted the claim and they are trying to say it again......
what would you do in my place or im i just screwed?????
thanks for any recommendations
jaron
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :angry: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Regardless how it is packaged, when UPS accepts the package for shipment, they also accept the responsibility. Someone is just giving you the run-around. Persist in your efforts and go to the next person in authority. They're just hoping you give up and go away.

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
What a bunch of crap. No way can they get out of paying for it. Take them to small claims court. Or better yet, get a Weasel ( aka Attorny ) and sue for Attorny fees also.

I had kind of the same problem with the Post Office. Sent a 50.00 item and insured it. It never got there and when I tried to collect on the Insurance I had to have a picture of the Item and proof of the cost of it. My position is/was that I paid for insurance. What the hell does it matter what I paid? It's insured for 50.00 Anyway, good luck and let us know what happens........

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Seems to me if they inspected it and still accepted it, they're responsible. Just out of curiosity, did you ship it using the manufacturer's original box?

Chuck Frady

Second Unit
I have used Brown in the past, and once, I shipped a telescope to a user across the country. The shit was packed better than a nuclear warhead being shipped across the interstates. The telescope was slightly damaged due to obvious rough Brown driver handling. The inspector told me it was not packed well enough.

HAH... I then informed them that I did not pack it. It was packed at the UPS customer service counter by a UPS rep. I even showed the inspector the receipts for packing materials, etc.

I just loved the reaction.

Truth be told, make sure you send EVERYTHING worth a damn, via FEDEX. Their claims service is second to none..!!!

Ken Shiring

Agent
Jaron, heed the advice of the others on this thread. In addition, I would like to post some helpful information about what to do if Brown Truck tries to screw you. Hopefully all the others reading this thread will see this information and use it when they get scewed by companies who have no concern for customer satisfaction.

Take them to small claims court. This is not as hard as it sounds, and has some really awesome features that make the little guy more powerful than the corporation. Note that the details vary by state, but nearly all of the states have similar statutes. Here's how to do it:

1. Tell Brown Truck beforehand that if the matter is not resolved, you will be sueing for damages in small claims court. That should be enough to get their attention.
  2. If they still ignore you, get information. In my state, for example, it is here. To find a link to your state's consumer action web site, look Link Removed.
  3. Most states will have a sizable maximum on the amount you can sue for in small claims court. This makes it applicable for a large array of disputes, and a very handy weapon. For my state that is $5000.
  4. Save all documentation. You may not get very far in court if you have no documents to back up your assertions.
  5. By following the directions for your state, you will be able to set a court date for your claim. The absolute beauty of small claims court is that if the defending party does not appear, then they automatically lose, and your damages are awarded. Additionally, (in most states), lawyers are not allowed into the courtroom at all. This prevents a corporation with a legal team from demolishing the little guy. :emoji_thumbsup: [/list=1]

This should get you back on track. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks