What's new

Help.. Trying to Buy a new TV.. Looking at SONY (1 Viewer)

Todd_P

Auditioning
HI, New here.. I am looking at buying a new sony TV. I am looking at the Wega 40 xbr ( would like to wait till the new ones come out soes anyone know when that is )? and looking at the HDTV 34 inch widescreen by sony.. We have 4 dt-v for are big dish and are looking to get the Direct tv hdtv.. But it appears sony does not have there current model out yet..

Any suggestions or recomendations would be great..

Chris Berban

Auditioning
I too am looking at the new Sony models, but from what I understand that 34" (my personal fav.) isn't gonna arrive until August. That works for me, but it might not for you.

Although if you decide instead to go with the current 34" you can bet there will be a drop in price once that new set hits the market. And the wait of approx. 3-4 months might not be that bad.

- Chris

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
What Chris said. Both of the current models have received glowing reviews in the A/V press. You would be quite happy with either of them. Just bear in mind that these are very heavy devices (especially the XBR700); installation will not be a solo job.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks