What's new

Help setting up DVR with new Bose V10 (1 Viewer)

brigoody

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
Hello, I am a noob here hoping to find some answers to my question. I just got a Bose V10 system. I wanted to test it out tonight, so I hooked up my tv, dvr, and dvd. I am getting a picture a sound from both the dvd and dvr, but I cannot record.

I get a message saying that program is already scheduled to record, but it is not recording. I have att uverse. My hdmi cable from tv is going into the bose media center, and my video out (hdmi) is going into my att uverse dvr. The write on this bose system says it can control tivo and other dvrs.

Anybody know what I need to do to get my dvr to record?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Brian-

Based on how you describe the problem, it sounds like it is with your DVR and don't have anything to do with how you have hooked it up. Uverse isn't available in my area, so I'm not sure how their DVR works. Just because its scheduled doesn't mean that its going to record now. Its possible that the show is on again another time and it is planning on recording it them. You could also try to removed that show from the DVR schedule and reschedule it.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
I am not familiar with the ATT Uverse, but if your DVR it is part of your cable box shouldn't the connection be Cable Box/DVR HDMI out to Bose receiver HDMI in. Bose HDMI out to TV HDMI in.

brigoody

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
I feel stupid. I think my problem was that I started hooking up the bose system when the program began, so it probably stopped when I removed the hdmi cable and still thought it was recording. The system is recording without any problems.

But I do have another issue. The bose remote will not control the att motorola 1225 dvr. None of the codes work and I tried them all under CABLE, CABLE/DVR, SAT/DVR, HDTV Tuner.

I also have a harmony 670 remote, but it has never worked with the att dvr.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks