What's new

Help please with the RP62 (1 Viewer)

Got it Best Buy when it first went on sale. It's definetly a nice player even if inferior to the RP82 but anyway. I'm fine with my player except the quality in interlaced. Maybe it can be fixed, I dunno. But anyway, here it goes

It's most evident in cartoons/anime. I think because they're taped tv broadcasts or something you get some weird frames in progressive scan, you know, ghosting I think it is. Well, simple right? Just watch it in interlaced but when I do there's a BIG line that just goes vertically right through the screen. So I'm either dealing with ghosting or some line streaked right across the center of the picture. And that's my problem.

It works perfect on my regular a DVD player and it's just very upsetting having something as annoying as this when trying to watch the Simpsons or Cowboy Bebop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot

MikeMcGrew

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, not too clear on what's happening. Are you viewing DVD's that have been burnt or recorded other than professionally? Some players (not familiar with the RP62) do not play back DVD-R, among other formats. You said they play fine on your "regular" DVD player. What is regular?

well, by regular, I mean an old interlaced JVC player. It's basically just a black line right down the middle of the picture. When I put it into progressive scan on this RP62 it dissapears. Also, no, these are official anime DVD's and Simpson season sets. It's very obvious in cartoons with the bright colors and all. In actual live acting movies it can be seen too though not clearly, blending in with the darker colors. It's also seen on the setup menu of the RP62 if in interlaced! Going crazy here. I'm not sure if it's always been like this and I just didnt notice it or what. It became very apparent as I tried to watch Simpsons w/o progressive scan on though

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks