What's new

HT Newbie pleased with his purchase... (1 Viewer)

Ken D.

Grip
Long time lurker, first time poster.

The first set I purchased was the Hitachi 43FWX15B. I got it home and was so thoroughly displeased with the picture from SAT and DVD that I played with this set for a couple of weeks...manual convergence, ran avia about 10 times. The picture was always bland and the colors just didn't look right...everything seemed blurry. I was actually ticked off for spending $1800 on a TV.

So, I took it back to CC and exchanged it for a Panny 53WX42. Wow, I was amazed at the difference in picture quality right out of the box. I took it out of torch mode and let it sit on SAT for a couple of hours, ran through convergence 1 and 2 and threw in the Matrix. Me and my wife were just in pure heaven. I should of saved myself the agony and gotten the Panny in the first place. The only reason I didn't is that the display model looked absolutely horrible in the store and wasn't about to drop $3500 on the 65" hitachi that had obviously been calibrated properly (best looking display in the store, everyone always seemed to migrate towards that screen).

One thing I have noticed is that my Tosh 3109 DVD looks pretty bad versus the Panny RP62 on the 53wx42. The 3109 looked much better on the Hitachi with it's 480i to 540p conversion. The progressive scan rp62 and the 53WX42 is a hell of a combination.

Thanks to all the posters who helped me make my decision.

Ken D.

Grip
This sums up the best description of the problem I had with the Hitachi. I couldn't find the words to describe it, but this nails it right on the head.
Link

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks