What's new

Help placing new speakers (1 Viewer)

vasia

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,
After lengthy considerations, I have gotten Monitor AUdio Silver 8s to go with my Marantz SR8330. Yesterday I have hooked them up using Sound King 12 ga wire and I have couple of questions. I should also mention that I have wall to wall carpet in the living room.
1) The subfloor in my living room is a bit uneven and the speakers are not standing perfectly vertically (not at the right angle to the floor and not quite parallel to one another). The right speaker is a bit tilted to the front and the left is tilted s bit sideways according to the bubble level. Should I use the level and play around with the spikes to try to perfectly level speakers?
2) The bass of the speakers seem a bit tamer than what I remember at the dealer. The speakers do not sound bright, just a bit less punchy. I realize that S8s require long break-in (>60 hr), but I though it mostly tames gold tweeter. Would break-in affect bass as well and in which way?

vasia

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,
After lengthy considerations, I have gotten Monitor AUdio Silver 8s to go with my Marantz SR8330. Yesterday I have hooked them up using Sound King 12 ga wire and I have couple of questions. I should also mention that I have wall to wall carpet in the living room.
1) The subfloor in my living room is a bit uneven and the speakers are not standing perfectly vertically (not at the right angle to the floor and not quite parallel to one another). The right speaker is a bit tilted to the front and the left is tilted s bit sideways according to the bubble level. Should I use the level and play around with the spikes to try to perfectly level speakers?
2) The bass of the speakers seem a bit tamer than what I remember at the dealer. The speakers do not sound bright, just a bit less punchy. I realize that S8s require long break-in (>60 hr), but I though it mostly tames gold tweeter. Would break-in affect bass as well and in which way?

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I would try to level the speakers via spikes or other means, within reason (no need to break out the micrometer). As for bass response, this varies greatly from room to room and your room's acoustic properties will have a far larger effect on your bass response than any (theoretical) break-in period will have.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I would try to level the speakers via spikes or other means, within reason (no need to break out the micrometer). As for bass response, this varies greatly from room to room and your room's acoustic properties will have a far larger effect on your bass response than any (theoretical) break-in period will have.

vasia

Stunt Coordinator
PaulDA,
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try leveling the speakers a bit.

vasia

Stunt Coordinator
PaulDA,
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try leveling the speakers a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks