HELP - ONKYO receiver won't power up

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DianaAllard, Feb 14, 2004.

1. DianaAllard

DianaAllard Extra

I am hoping this isn't as serious as it seems right now. I have been using just the front and center speakers on my receiver and I just hooked up the surround speakers. When I went to power the receiver back on, it won't stay powered up. It turns right off. It is a ONKYO 510. The manual says that the amp protection may have been activated and to contact the dealer. I purchased it online and there isn't a dealer in my area. I unplugged the new speakers and checked all the old connections for frays etc. Everything looks good but I have the same problem when I turned it back on. HELP please. THANKS !!

2. DianaAllard

DianaAllard Extra

UPDATE : With all of the speakers unplugged, the receiver still powers up and immediately shuts down. I have been reading posts in here regarding a similar issue and it all relates to wiring. I guess I hope this falls under warranty.

3. Chris Sherman

Chris Sherman Second Unit

It sure sounds like it's going into protect mode. Although usually it should return to normal after the fault is removed. All I can suggest is unplugging it for a a few minutes and then trying it again. Definitely would be covered by warranty. I know what a bummer this must be , I just received a new amp back that had been blowing out power supply fuses.