What's new

Help mounting S36II JBL speakers (1 Viewer)

PaulSch

Auditioning
I just ordered JBL S36II speakers to replace and old Bose Acoustimass front speaker system to go with a new Sony STR DA4ES receiver. My next challenge is to find a set of wall brackets for the S36II's. I saw them at Best Buy and the salesman there showed me the threaded brass inserts on the bottom of the speakers for mounting a set of brackets. He told me he had a pair of S36II's at home and had been able to get a set of brackets from JBL. I haven't found any on their website or anywhere else including J&R as yet. I have emailed JBL about this, so we'll see what reply I get. If any of you know a source for these please let me know.If you know of a universal bracket that might work as a backup position please advise. Thanks,

Paul

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
The S36 are very good speakers, congratulations.

I dont want to encourage you to do this, but this is what a friend of mine did, he only incerted to nails on the wall at the exact distance on the back holes of the speakers and mounted them, and it work great.

I dont know if you could or need bracelets, according to JBL this are wall mounting speakers, not as bookshelfs that you need stands or bracelets, maybe you should wait and see them, maybe you just can hook them with simple nails.

Hope this helps,
Pablo Abularach

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit
Real Name
S
I used these. My S36's are mounted Vertically and they work nicely. (The threaded inserts face the wall)
Make sure you get the heavier set as the speakers are too heavy for the smaller version of this bracket. Also, ensure you hit stud on both screws in the wall. I was very careful before mounting and haven't had an issue.
Mounting Brackets
My local Audio Video store sells them, but they're available on the net as well.

PaulSch

Auditioning
Thanks for the help.
JBL wrote back today and suggested a mount at the following site
[URL=http://www.omnimount.com/
They are similar. I guess the mounting holes are at a standard distance apart. I'll see wnen they get here.
Paul

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Paul: Which model mounts did JBL suggest and how will they attach to the speaker? I've also got a pair of S36II's on the way which will have to be horizontally wall mounted. My added problem is I also need to be able to "toe them in" and aim them down as well. Do you think these mounts would work?

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
FYI: Download the (linked bottom of the JBL webpage) ...
JBL S36II Owner's Manual,
... which indicates that you might get some angle-mount screws in the package to hang the 11 lbs. S36II's?? (It also has a diagram of the mounting holes in the back of the S36II's) Otherwise, Home Depot should have molley bolts hardware to accomodate hanging your S36II's!
I viewed my Right Side Surround JBL S26 like a large wall-hanging and bought these items @ Home Depot for $2.00 each package to hang them up! It also worked great for my 17" x 10" x 10" - 22 lbs. Rear Center Channel JBL S26's!
Phil

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Phil: "Mr JBL"! Thanks for the JBL link, printing it now! Can't check out your photo's while at work, I'll see them later. I called JBL yesterday and told them I needed a 4 direction wall mount for the S36II's I just ordered and they suggested OmniMounts. I called OmniMount and the female I spoke with was not very knowledgable. She kept referring me back to the website, but when I told her the S36II's were not listed she was stumped. I would like to mount them in a corner, "toed in" and angled down.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Hey......I can't edit my last reply. Phil, disregard the "frowning face" that supposed to be a left bracket..........got it!................nevermind!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks