What's new

S36II mounting question. (1 Viewer)

I'm buying my first surround speakers soon now and I've decided to go with the JBL S36II speakers. Now my little "problem" is this: One side of my wall where I would put one of the speakers have a stud in the wall but other side doesn't. Would it be bad if I tried to mount the speaker anyways on that side or should I try and think of another solution(which I can't think of right now...:frowning:)
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Regards:
Viktor A Lundberg

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
Viktor,
I had the same problem when I was hanging my S36II's and didn't have any studs where I wanted to put them. My solution was to use a type of drywall hanger I got from a local home improvement store, I believe they were rated for 25lbs a piece, and I used 4 of them per speaker. They are basically made of two parts, a large white plastic screw that was driven into the drywall, and a normal metal screw that inserted into that. Just left the metal screw exposed from the wall about a half inch and hung the S36II on it. It's been about 6 months, and no problems so far, I'd swear I could almost hang myself from them :) Try asking someone at your local hardware store for a drywall screw that can hold that much weight, they are a number of different kinds, and they should be able to point you to something that will work.
Happy listening :)
-- Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks