What's new

Made some decisions, need some help... (1 Viewer)

Gregg_C

Grip
I have purchased two pieces of my home theater setup for my new basement room:

Denon AVR-1803 receiver
Panny CP72 DVD changer

Now I am trying to decide on main speakers, and have narrowed it down to two brands:

JBL:

S38II fronts
S-Center
S36II surrounds

Axiom:

M3ti fronts
VP100 center
QS4 surrounds

I also have narrowed down my choices to two types of subs:

SVS 2531PCi
HSU VTF-2

I'm going to mount the surrounds up on the wall high almost to the ceiling; fronts will be on stands.

I am open to opinions. I can't decide on these pieces; it's too hard! They're all excellent!!!

Gregg

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Hey Gregg,

JBL Studio series are serious performers but I've never heard any Axiom so I don't know how they compare. As far as the sub goes, the 25-31PCi would be my choice. It is simply capable of more output. It has a larger driver and more cabinet volume. You can also have it tuned to 22hz(at no charge). Your in room response would likely extend to 20hz.

Kyle P

Grip
I have a very similar set of JBL's and love'em
S310II rather than s-38s
They work well for music as well as HT IMO.
You wont need much of a sub for music. I did notice that the JBLs take a good abount of time to break in. 2 months or so for me. They went from just OK to very good after breaking in. Again IMO
BTW I use a JBL PB12 for a sub (H/T only)

Barry BB

Stunt Coordinator
Go with the SVS. I had a VTF-2 for about 6 months. After reading one glowing post after another here I sold the VTF-2 for almost what I paid for it and got a 20-39 CS+. The VTF-2 was good, the SVS better. It went lower and in my opinion a little more clearer. The 25-31 will not go as low as a 20-39 but I would still choose it over the VTF-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks