What's new

Help me spend some money for upgrades! (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Keep in mind that I won't be upgrading for a couple months, though. I have to get a current project finished up before I can get the money together. Then it'll be upgrade time, baby! ;)

I'd like to get some feedback on whether or not I should upgrade my system. I'd like to perform some decent upgrades with the cash I'm getting while I can before I move out.

Anyway, here's what I currently have:

Toshiba SD-4700 DVD player
Kenwood HTB-504 audio system
Toshiba 42H83 Widescreen RPTV (which I really REALLY enjoy!!!)

What would everyone suggest I upgrade? I'd like to upgrade both my DVD player and audio system if I can find good components at a good price. The SD-4700 has been a wonderful player to me, but I realize there is something better out there and I'd like to take advantage of my funds while I can. Would also like to get a player without the chroma bug and with a great picture as well. I'm planning on spending at least $300.00 for it.

Keep in mind I should have around $1,000.00 to spend on upgrades. I'm also looking for suggestions on separate speakers/subs I could get for around $700.00 (may be able to move up to $800.00). I'd LOVE to get an SVS subwoofer but that may be further down the line.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
If the DVD player is still going strong stick with it. Upgrade your speakers with all the money you'll have. Use the receiver from your HTIB for now and upgrade that down the road when you get the chance. Spreading the money over several different items won't bring you the same satisfaction a good set of speakers will offer.

Kevin

Jonathan Lofgren

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, you have $1000-$1100. Here's what I would do to get a good improvement and also allow for upgradeability. I would get the SVS woofer of your choice and some decent bookshelves. Use the bookshelves for your fronts. Then, when you want to upgrade again, you can move the bookshelves to the surrounds for some really good sound. $300-$400 can you get you some good bookshelves from some of the internet places.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks