What's new

Help me set up my sub!!! (1 Viewer)

Craig Ball

Second Unit
Ok here's what I've got Denon 2805 Paradigm M9, cc370 adp 370, mini monitors, and a Pw-2200. I have st up the speaks both with the mic that came with the denon and with my spl meter. I'm not sure if i'm getting the most out of my sub. I used to have dual svs 20-39cs+ that i could litterally feel in my chest at the house i had before I also had them here but they did not hit me like that here either. My room has 10 foot ceilings about 25 feet long and 15 feet wide with a huge 8 foot opening off to the right. I can't afford to upgrade subs anytime soon but I have a spl meter and a sub test tone disc, can you guys help me get the best out of my sub with the tools i have? what volumes should it be at during testing? which freqs do i need to check ect, very much appreciate any assitance.

Thanks

Craig

WayneO

Supporting Actor
You had dual CS' and you need setup advice? You should be a Pro by now if you had those set up right. Seriously, if the SVS' couldn't hit you, I think the PW isn't going to fair better. Best thing to do is use your receiver's test tones to calibrate everything at 75dB, mess around with phase a little to see if you can increase output a little, move the sub to another possible location and try again at the same volume to see if you get higher output there. You might need to get the sub close to your seating position to try to get the impact you're looking for. Good luck!

Craig Ball

Second Unit
Your right Wayne I've actually have two dual SVS set ups in the past but it's been a couple years now since I messed with any Home theater just now getting back into. I actually prefer passive to powered it's easier to set up IMO, anyway I have moved the sub around quite a bit but can't remember what test tones to run and at what volumes to check? I also recall there being a spl meter correction chart somewhere. I just want this sub to be performing at is best and hopefully in a year or two I'll be back with svs again.

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks