What's new

Help me Decide on Center (1 Viewer)

Mark Risso

Auditioning
Well I have decided to do another project and need help with deciding which kit. AV1+ or Audax ? Or any other.....price range of 300 or below....I have a Polk cs350 as center now...sounds good, but I want something to rival it...I would like to fill the room with sound...any inputs about something else are welcome....Start with the center for now...then will build some left and rights....I can also build the enclosers myself.....thanks

Tom Rosback

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,

I'm running the Audax Center channel (along with the rest of their home theater speakers).

I find this speaker to have excellent vocals, a must in a good center channel. Horizontal dispersion is very good. The two 6 1/2" woofers provide good bass extension and dynamics.

Overall, this is a well executed design.

One caveat, it is rather large, but since I use an FPTV, this isn't an issue.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Mark,
My dad uses an A/V-1+ for a center and I use an Adire Audio LCC. Both work very well as a center channel. While Tom's cute little Audax center may be big, the LCC is a huge monster!:) I'm guessing it weighs roughly 60lbs.!

Steve-AZ

Auditioning
Mark,

I'm running the Audax Center (and their HT system except for the sub). The sound reproduction for voice is quite good and I can't say enough for this set.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks