What's new

Help I am having a party for a group of 13 and 14 year old boys! I need help deciding what to watch. (1 Viewer)

mexicanpizza767

Auditioning
Real Name
Buck Buchanan
These boys are smart alek like and enjoy intelligent humor... Any suggestions for movies or tv shows to watch? I know my son likes The Colbert Report, and Futurama. Please help!

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I checked with my 15 yr old son (big fan of the Colbert Report) and he approved this list:

Warning!!! Some of these will get you suspended or even thrown out of the play group! (We're on the far end of the bell curve on what we allow.)

Animal House (Warning) Airplane Anchorman Blazing Saddles Dodgeball (Warning) Dr Strangelove Ferris Bueller’s Day Off Fifth Element Forrest Gump Good Morning Vietnam Gremlins A Knight’s Tale LA Confidential Men In Black Monty Python & the Holy Grail Mr & Mrs Smith Pulp Fiction (Warning) Stand By Me South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (Heavy Warning - but potential Dad Hall of Fame) Talladega Nights Weird Science Young Frankenstein

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
When I was that age, me and a few friends got together and rented the Friday the 13th movies that were available up to that point, I think up to 6 and we stayed up all night till about 6:30am. My dad didn't have an issue with us watching the series.

Paul

mexicanpizza767

Auditioning
Real Name
Buck Buchanan
Thanks Alot all of you most notably AI Andersons selection were very helpfull I think the ended up staying up until 5:00 I know that they watched Dodgeball, Monty Python, Forrest Gump, Anchorman, and Mr. Deeds.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
14 year old boys? The Playboy channel obviously!

But seriously....

Idiocracy
Invader Zim
Monster Squad
Monty Python & Holy Grail
Coraline
Beowulf
SpaceBalls
Clue
Creepshow

Movies to avoid:
Fight Club
Sick! Life & Death of Bob Flanigan, Supermasochist
House of 1000 Corpses
Moonlight Whispers
Se7en

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I see this is an older thread. Had the party yet? You didn't say when it was. If so, what did you end up showing? If not, my suggestion is below:

Eragon would be a good movie for them.
The main character is a young boy, that lives an adventure. There's no sex, drugs, or bad language in the movie either, and plenty of action, to hold their attention (I would think so anyway).
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks