What's new

Help- Hitach Red Pull (Not Push) (1 Viewer)

With blue measuring zero on AVIA, my red shows minus 25 percent and green is not far behind. I love this set but I am having color problems. Would this be greyscale or a decoder problem.

I am aware of how to access the ISF settings but would really appreciate any input on which controls to adjust to work on this. (red cut and drive, or decoder settings and which ones) I use the set for DVD and SD satellite. Any info would be very much appreciated.

Regards
Emmett

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi EM!

NEVER use cuts and drives to adjust the color decoder. C and D are for gray scale.

There are specific color decoder parameters in the service menu to totally tweek out your Hit.

There have been several "GREAT" threads on this topic with the past month. Please do a search and you will find all the specifics.

Basically, you use color and tint to balance blue, then use the other 4 parameters to do red and green then go back to blue again. You must repeat this procedure 3-4 times before you get it accurate.

As for source material, you can use the flashing AVIA color bars OR use the SMPTE color bars and turn off the appropriate color guns in the service menu.

Let us know how you make out!!

Best of luck

Gregg

Thanks for the reply Gregg. I had read the replies under red push but, as my problem was in the other direction, I was leery of making the adjustments. I adjusted as you suggested and the results are very good. I maxed out on some of the settings but managed to get the red from minus 25 to almost 0 on the F setting and the 4 settings is not quite there. It is the red adjustment that is maxed out but even with this it is a great improvement.

I watched the 5th element for the umpteenth time with the wife last night. We're newly weds and she hadn't seen it before. I had a grin on my face from ear to ear admiring the picture.

I hope to have the grayscale done in the future, if I can get someone qualified and experienced on Vancouver Island.
I am thinking that I may have a grayscale problem to put the red that low?

Regards all and enjoy
Emmett

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks