What's new

Hello from a "newbie" and a question: (1 Viewer)

Hello from Colorado. What a great site this is!

Anyway, I recently purchased a condo and I was looking into a good speaker set up for it. I was considering the Infinity Entra point five system since one of our local retailer here is having a sale on it for 699.00 with the sub. I have not had any luck finding a review for this system and I was hoping to get a few opinions about this.

I have a Pioneer VSXD608 receiver. I think that is the model anyway. I will be using the speakers for a combination of gaming with the PS2, movies and music.

Thank you,

j.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
I believe Home Theater Magazine review this speakers on last months issue and they gave them a good review.

Thank you for the response. I went in to look and unfortunately, I'll have to order the mag to read it:frowning: They sounded pretty good in the store but the listening environment is less than ideal, especially when the movie soundtrack of "Top Gun" is the best cd we could muster for a demo:)
I have not owned any Infinity product before but when I sold them (many eons ago) they were pretty reliable and sounded nice for the price. I have owned a pair of Boston Acoustic's HD-8's and some of DCM's old Time Window 3's at one point in time. I loved the imaging and sound they produced (I really miss the DCM's). The Infinity Entra seems to have a similar quaility for a small satillite based system (which I need for space reasons).
Anyone else have an opinion?
j.

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
James,
Ubid is selling the Infinity Interludes for probably less than the Entra line. AV123 is having a fantastic sale on the Divas though.

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
If you decide you're interested in checking out the Divas or Rockets, try contacting Sean over at AV123. He lives near you and would have you over to audition them. I think you will find they are a considerable step up from the Infinity's. His Email is [email protected].
Good Luck,

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
If $700 is your budgetary limit, I would look into picking up the Energy Take 5.2 system online. I believe it runs exactly that street price in a few places (with a decent Energy sub). It isn't that the Infinity system isn't good. It's just that the Energys are better to my ears. You can demo them at a Good Guys, if that chain is anywhere near you.

If you can spend a bit more than $700 ($1k+), then look into Rockets, Axiom, and Paradigm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks