What's new

International Heat UK Director's Definitive Edition Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Released this week in the UK - any reason why this isn't listed for a US release yet? It's also scheduled for release in France and Japan.

The specs on Caps-a-holic certainly suggest a different and superior encoding, although the runtime seems identical to the previous blu-ray:

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=9769&d2=9770&c=3937

I have ordered but not received it yet. Not sure whether it is region "B"-locked.

Attachments

• 170336_front.jpg
    170336_front.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 66

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
It sure wasn't cheap!

I have Heat on DVD and it is surely one I want to replace, plus I have not seen it in forever.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I bought this yesterday in my local supermarket for just £8.00. Great value.

I'm very excited about seeing Heat again. Ridiculously, the only time I've seen it was in the cinema on Saturday 3rd February 1996. I remember it so clearly because it was the day I bought my laserdisc player!

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Have done an A/B comparison by looking at selected scenes; I have not seen through the whole film yet - am saving that for next weekend! Although the discs have region "B" printed on them, they are actually region-free, as I've found the case to be with other recent Fox titles, such as "Spy". It seems as though the same extras that were on the Warner blu-ray have been ported over to the second disc on the Fox version, leaving more space for a higher bit-rate for the film itself - I didn't see notice anything exclusive with this release. The commentary is the exact same on both versions and I didn't find anything to suggest that director Michael Mann has tinkered around with the footage, as he has done on occasion. The bit-rate is higher and the AVC-encoded picture looks nicer in motion projected. The DTS 5.1 soundtrack on the new edition has more punch than the older Dolby 5.1.I tried taking some screenshots with my iPhone but the results were - predictably - horrible. The remastered Fox version has a more orange tone than the cold blue Warner. The title has now temporarily sold out from Amazon UK but I'm sure it will be released Stateside. Pity they didn't go for a 4K version...
Heat remaster 1.jpg

Last edited:

willyTass

Supporting Actor
Unless they release HEAT in UHD I'll be sticking with my Japanese blu Ray because there's very little on offer here with the remaster

bluirv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Irv Haas
The US release of the new Heat is now set for May 9. I'm glad I already ordered my UK copy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks