What's new

Headphone Use For TV Listening (1 Viewer)

joe645

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe S
As a senior with hearing problems, I rely on Headphones to view TV. I have tried various kinds; RCA 900kz 3-chan wireless (picks up to much background noise); RCA outputs using Amplifier but can't find a decent amplifier that has enough gain, as well as digital audio to analog adapter (Doesn't work). So here I am asking for any input to solve my dilema. Need to find something that I can hook headphones up to so I don't have to turn the volume up past spouse's tolarance.

joe645

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe S
sorry about that, I am trying to use something on a Vizio TV (Not Smart TV) has RCA audio output jacks as well as digital audio output. As for Headphones, nothing special just ordinary.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I'm deaf in my left ear and impaired in my right as a result of Menieres disease. I find the corded Koss KSC75's to have a pleasant midrange boost and the clarity, that makes voice/speech far more intelligible from my rather sterile Sony AVR, to the point I don't need subtitles. They are extremely inexpensive, one of the my best purchases ever. That same midrange boost is way too much for high quality sources such as my Fiio M3K MP3 player, so YMMV. For a full size headphone I use the Philips SHP9500's that has similar clarity without the boost. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks