What's new

HDTV set top decoder boxes. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a set top HDTV decoder box that has the TIVO service built in with it. Iknow Sony has the Sat T-60 with TIVO but it is not HDTV. And then they have the SatHD100 with no TIVO. I want one with both.
------------------
"I'm your Huckelberry"

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
There are currently no recording devices for hd at this time including HD decoders with built in recording devices..Chances are there may never be because of copyright issues...
------------------

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
So what you are saying is that if I wanted to be able to record shows from Directv,I would need a normal receiver with tivo like Sonys SATT-60 and the a second receiver just for hdtv? Like Sonys new SATHD-100.
------------------
"I'm your Huckelberry"

CRyan

Screenwriter
That is correct. Or you could go with a standalone Tivo/Replay product and your HD STB. I would think that eventually, as HD becomes more prevelant, you will see TIVO/HD STB's. However, the likelyhood that STB will record the HD stream is doubtfull (will only be able to record SD or maybe even HD downconverted to 480i).
C. Ryan
------------------
Project5.jpg

Mike I

Supporting Actor
You could use your Hd direct tv decoder and record to a stand alone device as long as the decoder was in standard mode and not hd mode....
------------------

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I can see RCA or Sony coming out with an all in one box. Mike says that they might never come out with a recording device that records HDTV which is fine for now, but I can see them coming out with an HDTV receiver with the TIVO service built into it. But it will only record standard satellite broadcasts, not any HDTV broadcasts. So I think for right now I will hold off on any new receiver and wait till an all in one box comes out.
------------------
"I'm your Huckelberry"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks