What's new

HDTV & satellite setup help (1 Viewer)

MitchC

Auditioning
Hi everyone,
I have jumped into HDTV, I hope, my TV is a 36" sony XBR HD ready, direct TV RCA DTC100 receiver is coming, I've ordered a RCA VHDC300 HDTV VGA to component video adapter to convert the signal from the receiver into the component input of the TV and or my Pioneer VSX 35 receiver. Is this an OK setup or did I really blow it ?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Mitch,

You are aware that you'll need the oval dish plus Sat. C kit in order to get all of the HD channels that DirecTV offers?

You will also need an antenna, either indoor or outdoor depending on how far you are from the transmitters in order to receive local over the air signals.

Lots of people have been very happy with the RCA DTC100, though it is a first generation unit. If you are paying more than about $500 for the receiver and VGA to component converter, you might want to consider one of the newer models from Hughes, the E86. These sell for around $499 and have component output on the box. Toshiba DTC-3000 is the same box under a different name, both are Hughes oem.

MitchC

Auditioning
Thanks Steve,
Yes I've got the oval dish with dual LNB, but no antenna, in my area there is no over the air HD signals. Do you think with the VGA to Component converter I will lose quality ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks