What's new

HDTV and satellite question (1 Viewer)

Michael Botvinick

Stunt Coordinator
Gang,
I have Dish Network for many years. The wife and I just bought a new house that is being built. When I move I can either stay with Dish or go to other. The questions are:
a) do I switch
b) How should I prewire for the Dish? There will already be coax in every room in the house with a central box located under the stairs. A local guy recomended that I run 6 seperate cables to the future location of the dish so I can be ready for HDTV. Does this sound correct?
I apreciate any advise you can give me.
Thanks,
Michael
[email protected]

Rick N

Auditioning
I would run 4 to six lines from your roof. The HD Sat Dish usually comes with a MultiSwitch which allows you to connect multiple receivers to the dish.

YOU CANT RUN ONE LINE DOWN AND SPLICE MULTIPLE LINEs IN USING TEES.

You might want to run two lines from under your stairs to a "Most used location in the house" This is so that you can use a digital recorder device 'Like DTivo" and hook it to two inputs so you can record two things at once. Of course DTivo is for directTV only but DISH and DirectTV may merge at some point in the furure.

It only wire!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks