What's new

HDTV and Receiver video settings? (1 Viewer)

DarkWilSin

Agent
Real Name
Wilson Mercado Lopez
Ok so i have a westinghouse HDTV for now. and a onkyo 9400 htib, i was doing the THX calibration from terminator 2 skynet edition the blu ray one through my PS3. now i was watching some scenes in some movies and the dark scenes looked idk like...faded and greenish. it looked FAKE. i dont know how to describe it anyways. i was going to random stuff now if i directly connect the ps3 to my tv and reset everything and then re calibrate it the those dark scenes with shadows and bleed and all that stuff is not there. but when i connect my reciever it goes back to it like if the receiver is auto tuning the picture is there anyway to bypass that. it has cinema music and games, i dont want it to auto tune it. also theres through and direct and then theres custom. my receiver is the R990 if anyone could help please do. i cant seem to do this also. i do not have the THX glasses sooo...yeah those parts with color and hue saturation i wont be able to do. sucks i do not have one of those glasses. BUT YES please help what am i doing wrong and what are your recommended settings? sorry for the wall of text.

DarkWilSin

Agent
Real Name
Wilson Mercado Lopez
Thank you Type A,that helped alot. i need to look over this manual alot more, well also i have one final problem. when i go to test the audio with the THX calibration it does not play all the sound on one speaker it skips the speakers and goes back to that one speaker thats on also the receiver clicks so i think thats it its not giving it time to go through each speaker so sound from left is heard then when it goes to center it clicks and a very quick sound comes cause its already going to the right speaker now and the receiver clicks again. so its useless. what could i be doing wrong?

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Your post is a little hard to follow but it sounds like it may be a short or phase issue. Have you checked all your speaker wires to make sure everything is connected properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks