What's new
World Wide Stereo

HDMI switching, home theater P.C. as a source (1 Viewer)

Snipes

Auditioning
Real Name
Wes Kupchunos
I need some help here guy's. I have an AVR-3806 receiver and wanted to use my HTPC as a source. I bought a new graphics card a GeForce 7600GS with DVI out and a DVI-HDMI cable but it seems very uninterested in working with me. The audio is run coaxial digital and works fine. Oh yeah I guess I should add that I have a Gefen DVI splitter because I have it hooked up to an Apple Cinema HD monitor as well. Should I change plans?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
what're the symptoms?

for dvi output, make sure you're outputting at a standard HDTV resolution, usually your native resolution.

PS i would take out the DVI splitter first before trying DVI->HDMI. digital splitting is very complex. say, why not get a video card with dual DVI output?

Snipes

Auditioning
Real Name
Wes Kupchunos
Thanks, Both monitor and the tv have been set to 1280X720, and I tried it with and without the splitter, nothing. I have no access (its on a brick fireplace) or would run vga also. The stupid masons filled my spare conduit with mortar. There is one hdmi one composite and 2 cat5e's and thats that.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
60hz? sometimes graphics drivers output at a "optimal" refresh rate but some HDTVs can't accept such a high rate.

have you tried a direct connection? meaning, from PC's DVI through DVI-HDMI and into the HDTV? if that doesn't work, something else is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BioProf
Recent bookmarks