HDMI switching, home theater P.C. as a source

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Snipes, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Snipes

Snipes Auditioning

I need some help here guy's. I have an AVR-3806 receiver and wanted to use my HTPC as a source. I bought a new graphics card a GeForce 7600GS with DVI out and a DVI-HDMI cable but it seems very uninterested in working with me. The audio is run coaxial digital and works fine. Oh yeah I guess I should add that I have a Gefen DVI splitter because I have it hooked up to an Apple Cinema HD monitor as well. Should I change plans?

2. JediFonger

JediFonger Producer

YiFeng You
    what're the symptoms?

for dvi output, make sure you're outputting at a standard HDTV resolution, usually your native resolution.

PS i would take out the DVI splitter first before trying DVI->HDMI. digital splitting is very complex. say, why not get a video card with dual DVI output?

3. Snipes

Snipes Auditioning

Thanks, Both monitor and the tv have been set to 1280X720, and I tried it with and without the splitter, nothing. I have no access (its on a brick fireplace) or would run vga also. The stupid masons filled my spare conduit with mortar. There is one hdmi one composite and 2 cat5e's and thats that.

4. JediFonger

JediFonger Producer

YiFeng You
    60hz? sometimes graphics drivers output at a "optimal" refresh rate but some HDTVs can't accept such a high rate.

have you tried a direct connection? meaning, from PC's DVI through DVI-HDMI and into the HDTV? if that doesn't work, something else is wrong.