What's new

HDMI in new Direct tv reciever ?????? (1 Viewer)

Kyle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
I need a quick answer please...

Direct TV is here right now (as we speak) giving me my local Channels. They are upgrading (if you can call it that) my HD rec. I currently have a Samsung 160 with which I use dvi. The new rec has HDMI and no DVI. I understand there are converters but how much will it cost me? My Toshiba 57HDX82 has 2 component inputs but they are being used and I don't want to fork out $$ for a component switch. The model of the new rec is a H10 The name brand on it is Directv..... Manufacture date 12082004 so it is brand new. Should I accept it or should ask for a Sammy 360? (that what I thought was coming)

Mary M S

Screenwriter
if this is the HR10-250 the Hughes HD TIVO box, mine I purchased at a B&M and setup myself.

IN two HR10-250 boxes I have opened, -there is INCLUDED an HDMI to DVI cable. (with an additional HDMI TO HDMI cable) Your installer should have it with him! It is included with purchase.

I just pulled up the H10 (which is not my version) on Directs web site. It lists S-Video, RCA audio/video cables and a component set included in a quick dash through the manual.

...However ask him to dig on his truck. The manual for my Huges states (or can use an HDMI to DVI cable..not included) ...but it is.

Kyle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
Thanks for the info!!!!

I called D* and they couldn't guarentee what model they would send out for replacement. So instead they gave me a $75 credit on my next bill to cover the converter. Satisfied I guess, but until I get that converter, I will have to unplug my dvd player or HTPC.

Thanks again for the info!:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks