What's new

No audio from PS4 through Pioneer reciever (1 Viewer)

NoodlesMcBobski

Auditioning
Real Name
Karl Granzien
Hi, I have just purchased a PS4 and as it doesn't have toslink/digital optical audio output I have had to run HDMI to my Pioneer VSX-917V receiver, then out to my Toshiba CT-90329 HD TV. I get video and audio to TV, but no sound through the Pioneer receiver, and can't get my head around why. The manual is confusing to say the least, and provided no real answers. I hope someone can point me in the right direction as I'd rather not purchase new equipment, seems to me this should just work...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Does the receiver have sound with other sources?

NoodlesMcBobski

Auditioning
Real Name
Karl Granzien
Does the receiver have sound with other sources?
Yes, it's been working on the same channel via the digital optical cable that has been running out of my PS3. I've just removed the toslink cable and run HDMI cable from PS4 to receiver's HDMI in, then HDMI cable from receivers HDMI out to the TV.

bodinatorry

Auditioning
Real Name
jericko
Hi, I have just purchased a PS4 and as it doesn't have toslink/digital optical audio output I have had to run HDMI to my Pioneer VSX-917V receiver, then out to my Toshiba CT-90329 HD TV. I get video and audio to TV, but no sound through the Pioneer receiver, and can't get my head around why. The manual is confusing to say the least, and provided no real answers. I hope someone can point me in the right direction as I'd rather not purchase new equipment, seems to me this should just work auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver...
I've just removed the toslink cable and run HDMI cable from PS4 to receiver's HDMI in, then HDMI cable from receivers HDMI out to the TV.

Last edited:

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
You'll likely need to assign the input on your receiver. I had to do this on my Denon. I had to tell it that I was using HDMI for "CBL/SAT" and digital optical for "CD Player" or something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks