What's new
World Wide Stereo

HD OTA Antennas and Amplifiers (1 Viewer)

Dick Boneske

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know of a particular antenna or amplifier that is superior to others with digital OTA broadcasts? I have an old TV antenna in my attic with a radio shack amplifier that works great on all stations except channel 26-1 out of Green Bay, which is digital channel number 41. Others higher and lower in number almost always have a strong signal, but channel 26-1 often pixelates or indicates "no signal" using my Hughes Direct TV box.

Any thoughts on this??

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Based on Antennaweb.org, it is broadcasting from the same general area as the rest of the GB stations. Is it running at full power? For the longest time, our local Fox station was listed at Antennaweb but their digital channel has been down for over a year due to a lightning strike. If you aren't sure, go to AVS Forum and check in the Local HDTV section. Find the thread that covers GB and see if others in your area are having problems.

-Robert

Dick Boneske

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you for the response!! I didn't know there was a website that had info on various broadcasting station signals. I have suspected for awhile that channel 26 does not have an adequate signal--at least not as good as the other six Green Bay, Wisconsin HD stations.

Doug Z

Stunt Coordinator
If you are looking for an HD OTA antenna then the Channelmaster 4228 is probably your best bet. I have one and it is awesome. The only drawback is the narrow 10-15 deg "window" for reception. If you have stations all over your area then you will need a rotor which is no big deal, but it will give you the most gain than from any other antenna that I know of. Lucky for me the major networks are only within 4 deg or each other so I don't need to move the antenna, however a rotor would give me full strength on all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcvbszdfzsfsa
Recent bookmarks