What's new

Help with Cable/TV Antenna amplifiers (1 Viewer)

Bill Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
Few questions on my home wiring system:

1. Looked at amplifiers for my cable TV system. Found a 15dB from Channel Vision for $75 and a 25dB from Impact Acoustics for $16.99. Both support return path for cable modem. Is there a big difference between these? (other than the price)I will end up using this to drive about 8 devices (7 TV's and 1 cable modem.

2. I am splitting to 4 TV's right now with no amplifier. Channels 12 and 13 (local PBS and CBS here in Chattanooga)seem to be bleeding into each other. They are pretty much unwatchable on all 4 TV's. Other channels seem to be OK. Does this sound like something that the amplfier will fix? Or do I have another problem?

3. Will be adding an HD satellite receiver soon. I need to use an OTA antenna signal for HD networks. Would I use the same amplfier for this as for cable TV? I read something about using a 300 ohm to 75 ohm impedence matching transformer located right at the antenna ????? Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help. Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks