What's new

HD A1 and Subwoofer Problem (1 Viewer)

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
I thought this topic had been previously discussed but cannot find it. I have a Denon 2803 and the HD A1, which is connected via analog cables to the reciever. I cannot get the sub woofer to work. From a previous thread, I did set all the speakers to 'Large,' the crossover at 120 and distance to '0,' which apparently results in the receiver's settings kicking in. I get nothing from the sub and nothing from the rears on the HD A1's test tone operatioin, and nothing when I play a DVD. Any suggestions?

Dave>h

Second Unit
HI,

What software version are you running?

Not trying to be difficult but are you sure you have the analog outs hooked up correctly, have the amp set to external in when running the test tones; have the A1 set up to send out a 5.1 signal via the analog outs and have you sub woofer volume up?

Dave

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
I thought I had this issue with my HDMI connection and sub, I ran the sub just a tad bit hotter and that has seemed to work well for me. To test it I calibrated then ran U571 at the scene where they drop those drums in the water. What a sub workout.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Dave...thanks...I was sure the solution would not be difficult so your suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks dave as well...I reset everything and disconnected and reconnected everything...and all is now well. Cheers

Dave>h

Second Unit
Peter,

Glad to be of assisstance. Hope you are now enjoying some of the great soundtracks that are avaialable on HD DVD. Constantine and Batman Begins are my two favorites thus far.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks