What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

HBO True Detective (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
On top of the casting news itself, a really great, hour-long "Drama Master Class," where Dan Harmon basically grills Nic Pizzolatto about his entire creative process:

Pizzolatto might have contracted a sudden case of rockstaritis**, but it's a fun interview all the same.
(** Can't blame him for "feeling himself," as the kids say, since what's happening to him is the next best thing to being an overnight success, but the dick-swagger is so obvious, it's like the first thing that Harmon picks up on.)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Funny twist: The adult actresses apparently are among the few people who actually don't get totally naked.

Geez! :(

This just makes the re-casting all the more depressing. . .we'll miss you, Alexandra Daddario!

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
My body and lust for fictional depression are sooooooo ready for this one.

I like the foreboding shots of convoluted interstates and blueprints. I hate the stupid holograph-table behind Vince Vaughn. I like last two moments of the trailer. I love Rachel McAdams strolling down that sidewalk like she owns the whole fucking town.

I think the two likes, a hate, and a love balance out to a net-positive.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
joshEH said:
I hate the stupid holograph-table behind Vince Vaughn.

I don't think it's a holograph table as much as it is a light table with plastic pieces on it.

td_s2_01.png

td_s2_02.png

Maybe it's bad CGI in the trailer or the light table didn't translate in camera as they expected, but I don't think a holograph table is the filmmaker's intention.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Milch back on HBO can only be good news, both for improving this show, and maybe to keep him in a holding pattern for a possible Deadwood revival when McShane become available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soonercineaste
Recent bookmarks