What's new

HBO HD petition: Please everyone sign this (1 Viewer)

Fred DeGrandis

Stunt Coordinator
I just posted this on the petition site. I think our chances will be even better if this is signed and delivered. They will receive 2 copies, one by email, and one can be printed out and submitted either by snail mail, or by physically walking into HBO, either in Manhattan, or in LA(I think there is one in LA). So If we get enough signatures, either someone in NYC could walk this in, I can mail it, or you all will be giving me an excuse to visit Manhattan again . Whichever route we decide on, PLEASE sign this, It takes less time then it did to leave feedback(less than 1 minute) the email is anonymous, and only entered to verify that you didn't sign 500 times. I am sorry to ask those of you who read the other HBO post and left feedback, but another member mentioned that a petition would gain far better results. In the petition I get into the lack of HD programming, The Lack of Original Aspect Ratio programming, as well as more.
So PLEASE SIGN this:
http://www.petitiononline.com/HBOHD/petition.html
Also give a bump to keep this on top for the members who aren't addicted to this forum.
Thanks again,
Fred M. DeGrandis Jr.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I signed the Petition as well. Of course, we should probably do this petition for ALL of the Network stations as well!

EugeneM

Grip
I think this petition is totally naive. Let's face it, 99.9% of HBO audience don't hang out on this forum and aren't HT nuts as we are. HBO has to keep them happy, not us. If HBO shows too many widescreen movies, these 99.9% will start complaining about those black bars on top and at the bottom of the screen and how much of TV screen is totally wasted. Guess who HBO will care more about.

Chris Clarno

Agent
Real Name
Christian
I think you've missed the point here Eugene. We're only talking about the HD-HBO feed here. We aren't asking for changes to the standard feeds (although we would be happy w/ OAR on those as well) Also as a newer member you may not yet be aware of the impact we as a collective unit actually have on the industry as a whole! Welcome to HTF my friend, we're glad to have you.

EugeneM

Grip
I think you've missed the point here Eugene. We're only talking about the HD-HBO feed here. We aren't asking for changes to the standard feeds (although we would be happy w/ OAR on those as well) Also as a newer member you may not yet be aware of the impact we as a collective unit actually have on the industry as a whole! Welcome to HTF my friend, we're glad to have you.
Ok, maybe I have missed the point.

But:

1) what's OAR ?

2) I am really interested to find out examples of impact this forum had on the industry

Kelly N

Agent
Eugene, OAR is original aspect ratio. This forum may have been solely responsible for getting Willy Wonka released onn DVD in its OAR after extensive petitioning and letter writing. Not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks