What's new

Have you guys heard of firepay.com? (1 Viewer)

Chris Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Any of you guys heard about firepay.com? They charged my credit card (debit card, MAC card) around 700 on Saturday, and I have no idea who they are and have never used them. I'm trying to figure out who they are, in addition to making sure I get my money back and get a new debit card. Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks

Chris

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Firepay is a variation of paypal - it's another money sending service.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Haven't heard of those guys but Planet Payment has charged my AMEX last month ... never heard of these guys either.

Calling AMEX rectified the situation instantly as they credited me on the phone.

CRyan

Screenwriter
Have you been purchasing anything over the net lately? Frequently, you will have charges on your card that do not reflect the original company name when ordering online. Just wanting to throw that out in case you did not know. Maybe they do online transaction services for shops like Paypal does. Also, has your card actually been charged or has it just been authenticated? Sometimes you have to actually call your card's customer service to determine if the charge has actually taken place and not just withheld.
Otherwise, it looks like someone may be taking your for a joyride across the net. :frowning: Oohhh, I hate thieves with a passion.
C. Ryan

Chris Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, called my bank and firepay. Someone set up an account with them and charged my card for the $670. Firepay had already disabled the account because it looked bogus, and it was. I should get the money back no prob, and I have canceled my check card and requested another. I agree, I hate theives with a passion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks