What's new

Has 'Dead or Alive 3' gone OOP? (1 Viewer)

John Bryant

Second Unit
I think the only Xbox game to go OOP is Air Force: Delta Storm by Konami. It is rumored to be taken off the shelves due to Sept 11th.
I think this game went OOP long before Sept 11th.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Heh, I lived on Landeco Lane for a while. The flood kicked me out though. :)
-Dave

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Yes define long before because the Xbox came out Nov 15 in 2001. ;) Remember when the media was pointing fingers at flight sims such as MS's Flight Simulator? Some retailers even took them off the shelves for a while.
As for AFDS the game had you fly your jet through city skyscrpaers on some levels, and it was a challenge not to run into them. Late 2001 was a very sensitive time in our society so I think Konami might have just stopped production. It was, after all, receiving some slack about how MGS was about terrorism.
edit- also want to mention one week I saw many copies of this game at the stores, then the next week they all just seemed to vanish. A sure sign of the retailers pulling it from the shelves.

Leif Wall

Second Unit
Okay, finally found it at Wal Mart today. Was looking through the manual and it only mentions widescreen for the ending movie. Is the gameplay 16:9 or what? Any settings I have to monkey with?

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Leif: Yes, gameplay is 16x9. If you're not seeing that, you need to update the settings on the XBox dashboard.

Leif Wall

Second Unit
Holy mother of god, does this game look good. I do see some jaggies though. Man, the colors are sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks