What's new

Has 'Dead or Alive 3' gone OOP? (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Like the title says... has this title gone out of print? No copies at Best Buy, Gamestop, KB Toys and only one copy left at EB (for $29.99, which I snagged :) ).
Just thought you guys may want a heads-up if you haven't picked it up yet. :D

Brian E

Screenwriter
When I was at Target today they had about six copies. Places are probably just running out with the price drop to $29.99

Leif Wall

Second Unit
D'oh. I hope I can find it this weekend. Gonna pick up the HD pack/component cables/optical cable too. Finally gonna play some Box on my Widescreen in 5.1

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I highly doubt it's OOP. But most stores aren't going to carry too many copies of a year old game that wasn't a massive hit.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Graeme: Dead or Alive 3 is one of the most successful XBox games, and it's one of the only titles on the system to have sold over a million copies worldwide.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I don't believe it's gone out of production yet, I would think that we would have heard that it was.

I recall a few months ago we heard that about Jet Set Radio Future, and then it was in a bundle a few months later... so you never know what could happen.

I wouldn't worry about it though, it'll keep selling.

Glen

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
DOA3 and Halo are the first million sellers for the system, so I highly doubt it is out of print.

Not to mention it is a damn good game too

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Graeme: Dead or Alive 3 is one of the most successful XBox games, and it's one of the only titles on the system to have sold over a million copies worldwide.
That's great, but 1 million worldwide isn't what I'd call a massive hit. It's certinaly not a buzz game the way Halo, GTA3, or Metal Gear is anymore. The store I work at has no more than 3 copies of DOA3 at a time, and we aren't having any troubles keeping it in stock, yet we have a stack of GT3, GTA3, and a fair number of Halo (which tends to get mentioned everytime the XBox is even brought up).

JamesH

Supporting Actor
That's great, but 1 million worldwide isn't what I'd call a massive hit.
What are you talking about? On a system with a roughly 5 million install base, a million selling game is excellent, roughly 20% of Xbox owners have bought the game. How many 8 million sellers are there on the PS2?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Not a heck of a lot of 1 million sellers, either. If one million isn't considered a hit, then what is?

-Dave

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I think the only Xbox game to go OOP is Air Force: Delta Storm by Konami. It is rumored to be taken off the shelves due to Sept 11th. :frowning:
This game was great btw. But I found it a little too hard to be fun after progressing more than halfway with the game. So when it went OOP and you couldn't find it anywhere I sold it on ebay for about $65. :)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Most games that sell more then 500,000 are considered hits. If a game sells over 1 Million then its a Smash Hit. If it continues to sell then its a Really Fucking Good Game(copyright on that by me :) )

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
In response to Sony's "Greatest Hits" series, maybe Xbox should start a "RFGG Series" :D
-Dave

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
You know, when I wrote that post, I was wondering if it would garner a similar response. ;)
-Dave

Dan B

Screenwriter
Speaking of Air Force Delta Storm, I noticed it's listed as being in stock on the Best Buy website right now. I don't know if they started making it again, or if it's just an error on the website.
With the price it's going for on Ebay, maybe you can pick up a few copies at Best Buy & make a nice profit. ;)

Leif Wall

Second Unit
I see it going for $30 online. Best Buy said the have 5 copies coming in. I've also seen 11/5 as a release date for it. Price drop/packaging change may be the cause?
Tony - I would, but I'm living an hour out of Forks right now and without a license. So, that would be a little difficult. I'm moving back to GF next month. Happen to know any Home Theater friendly apartment buildings? :)

Leif Wall

Second Unit
I was living on 36th Ave S., in the Landeco Lane area. I was almost evicted and I only had a JBL pb12. I also have the 53" Panny and am worried about moving it with all the snow, moisture, etc... I think my SVS won't be getting too much use no matter what apartment building I move into.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks