What's new

Has anybody received a call like this? (1 Viewer)

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
happens all the time in my house. i've been told that the telemarketers are using equip that dials several #'s at the same time and when one unlucky bastard picks up the rest of us get the "no one there" call.
Ive heard its a computer that is checking to see if the phone is answered to determine the best time for telemarketers to call. Not to far fetched... If I was a telemarketer and knew when people would be home, I would think it would make me more efficient.

Man....I hate them :angry:

I remember a call that went like this.

Me: "Hello"
Them: "This is XXX Security. Do you own an Alarm System?"
Me: "What?"
Them: "We have a special this month for new customers. Do you have an Alarm System?"
Me: "Yes I Do, His name is Sam and the backup's name is Sally and her backup is named 12 Gauge and .45!"
Them: "Excuse me"
Me: "If this is an actual security company you need to reconsider your marketing tactics. For all I know you are a person scouting my house so you can break in and rob me blind. If I want an alarm system I will find you. Thanks, Bye!"

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Thats the way to tell them Chris. I am not answering from now on. How do you get on the No call list or is it available yet?

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i don't think the Federal one is up yet, but your state may have one. here in Oregon, you can sigh up on the web.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I got one for a Cemetary plot call on all three of our lines(2 computers, three lines :) ). Instead of hanging up, I should have had some fun with them. Second time, I should have said , 'Lady, if you call again, we'll take some legal action for the no call back within 30 days law'. When the third line rang, I should have said 'Guess what lady, you just called our third line. What's the name of this company, your phone number, and your name mam?"

We got FOUR freakin' calls from this company. The first three within 5 minutes of each other, the 4th afew days later.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
I've been getting calls for some woman from all her debt companys etc at any rate I had someone at my work pull up my account the other day to give me my balance when the put my number in it came up with my account and guess what hers to and she lives like 2 blocks away from me. if it wasn't illegal I'd be tempted to take her account info off our system and call Verizon and get her real phone number so I can call her and give it to all her debtors. Worst part was her account with my company is relatively new and I've had my number for around 3 months now so she's been using it as a contact number since after I've had it.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I just subscribed to this. Problem solved.

For some reason, Sprint didn't use their telemarketer to sell me this service....

http://csb.sprint.com/servlet/Catalo...duct=770010167

I guess it'd be too reminiscent of that far side cartoon where there is a note tied to a brick laying in a living room in front of a broken picture window. The note reads "Broken window? call Dan's Glass Repair!"

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Last time I got a telemarketer call I was watching Terrance And Phillip's "Not Without My Anus"- I just put the phone up to the center speaker til they hung up :D

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I have a fried that asks the telemarketer to tell him a joke and if it makes him laugh he will listen to their sales pitch. >>>>

Heh, sounds like the King Kai character from Dragonball Z. Make him laugh, and he'll train you.

As for the silence calls, that explains alot. Every now and then I'll get a call that's traced back via *69 as unknown, where no one talks. Just dead air.

Also, I got a Spam today that was just too laughable to delete out right.

>> "Get Dad Something out of this world! 1 acre of land on the MOON! Only $29.99".
You are receiving this email from Your-Top-Values because one of our affiliates has notified us that you want to receive third-party offers. If that is not the case, please follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of this email.
>>>

No win situation here. Best just to block it...least I get even more spam that spam assasin dosn't block.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks