What's new

Harry Potter digital deal (1 Viewer)

Terry H

Second Unit
Best Buy has an online deal where they will send you a $10 digital certificate if you preorder Harry Potter for $20. Unfortunately, no instore pickup on preorders and shipping is a grotesque $4. :frowning: I expect Potter to be a major loss leader but doubt they will beat $14 in the store. If you currently have a $5 digital coupon for use on preorders (some of us do) then this is a great deal.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I got an email stating I could get a $5 if I preorder something. But with preorders there seems to be no in store pickup, defeating the $5 credit!

Where did you see the $10 offer?

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Just noticed the email I had had a special offer for AI which included a $5 cert if ordered online.

Anyone figure out how to skirt around the shipping and do an instore pickup on preorders? I see no advantage to paying shipping.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Terry don't forget that BB will give the sale price to you if you preorder, so your cost could be lowered. =)

Terry H

Second Unit
*Qualifying purchase transaction must be made online by 11:59 p.m. (CT) 5/27/02. Coupon will be sent via e-mail on or around 5/30/02. Coupon can be used only one time and must be redeemed by 11:59 p.m. (CT) 6/14/02. Limit: one digital coupon per person. Coupon cannot be redeemed for gift-card purchases. Redeemable online only. Coupon cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Not redeemable for cash. Valid major credit card required for online purchases. Not valid as payment on a Best Buy Credit card.
I'm thinking I'll use the $5 on Potter and use the $10 on a cheapie with instore pickup. Naturally, you could use the $10 for anything you wanted.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Just wanted to let you know that the digital coupon that they sent is the same as a gift certificate. They imply it is for pre-orders only, but the fact of the matter is you don't even have to use it on a DVD. I used it on a playstation 2 game since they are offering a $15 gift card if you buy a game from EA sports. Therefore, I got a $45 game for $40 with instore pickup and the $15 gift card.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
... don't forget that BB will give the sale price to you if you preorder, so your cost could be lowered.
Jeff, are you sure about this? Will they do it automatically or do you have to email them (or resubmit your order) if *you* find that they have it on sale?

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Marvin, I had just received an email last week from bestbuy stating exactly that. There was also a special deal on one of the preorders to get a $5 coupon after purchase.

The email stated that if you buy advanced online you will get charged the release sale price. I'm holding on to the email just in case they try to change thier story. But, I have no reason to believe they would do that.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
It looks like the $10 digital coupon deal is dead. It is no longer listed on the site. Bestbuy.com has changed the deal to free shipping only.

-Chad

Terry H

Second Unit
Yup. Dead deal. This is part of an email I got from BB:

If you have been back to BestBuy.com recently, you may have noticed that the

$10 digital coupon offer on pre-orders of this movie has been removed from

the site. Due to licensing restrictions, we have had to pull this offer.

However, this email is to confirm that the $10 digital coupon offer will be

honored on your order, as well as other qualifying* Harry Potter DVD

pre-orders taken up to 9:59 a.m. (CT) on February 22, 2002. Please note that

if you cancel your pre-order, you will not receive a digital coupon.

Greg Rowe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg
:angry: grrrrrrrrr
I was planning on ordering it but since the offer said they would take pre orders up until may something I figured I had plenty of time.
Greg

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I just got at shipping confirmation for HP, $16.99, which means $6.99 after the $10 coupon I can use later. Then I had the $3 for shipping and handling and tax on top of that. I think it was a better deal then getting it at the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks