What's new

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) (2 Viewers)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They said she made the same noises before signing on for movies four and five. Probably holding out for more money since her acting career will end at the finale of her last HP film. Of all the main cast, she'd probably be the least missed if they did have to recast, IMO.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Maybe she's just genuinely struggling with commiting the next 3-4 years to the series. The author makes a good point about college, as well.

I hope she sticks around, recasting one of the leads after they've carried the seires for five years would be terrible.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Two new pictures. Going to use HTML since the VB code made the other pictures huge:
[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/c/c2/htf_imgcache_1592.jpeg] [/url] [url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/8/81/htf_imgcache_1593.jpeg] [/url]
First let me say after two virtually monochromatic films, it's nice to see some promo shots with COLOR again. Second let me say that Luna has radish earrings which makes me absolutely thrilled. God is in the details.I've got to agree. Part of the magic of this series is that with the unavoidable exception of Dumbledore each film have evolved fluidly from the previous one. It's got a similar fascination to it as Apted's "7 Up" series. Replacing any of the kids that have been through five films now would severely ruin the magic of it. Give Watson whatever she wants.

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
"Probably holding out for more money since her acting career will end at the finale of her last HP film."

Why do you say this? She's the one I can most see having a career after the HP movies are done.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I see the radish earrings! Consider my earlier complaint about Luna null and void :) She looks perfect in the new pic :)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
considering the films will surpass the gross of the six star wars films in only five films I think Watson will probably get what she wants.

From the Article:

Why? to be status quo? Because her current career isn't 'real'? Are they telling the boys to get a career now they're all growed up?

And why College? College, like most school, is a joke anyway; done now more for cultural reasons than educational. Kids from a certain class agree to go to college to get drunk and laid, from another class to mysteriously be allowed a slightly better job than Wal-Mart manager. Neither results in acquiring an education, but both satisfy society's expectations, semi-equally. I imagine she's had more of an education working as an actress than most people her age get in their next twenty years. Good for her, whatever she decides, I don't know why she'd want to step back into kiddy-jail with the rest of the schmucks.

But it's all moot because the interview isn't really an article as much as it's a negotiation tactic by her agent to get her to have a new contract equally lucrative as Dan and Rupert are getting.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer

If so, good for her. Shouldn't the third lead make as much as the second? Or should she take less money because she's a girl? Frankly, I am certain she'll stick around for the last two. She's just waffling a bit to enjoy the idea of freedom. Considering the job the three kids have done, pay them all VERY well for the last two, and move on. They've made enough money for Warner Brothers. As for college, maybe she likes to learn. I doubt she's trying to land the "right job" to find success :rolleyes:I think Emma has done a fantastic job as Hermione.

The casting has always been spot-on. It continues to be so.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I think the outrage comes from Malcolm's comments before yours, that she'd be the least missed.

Of the three main actors, I think she's probably done the best acting job. But, it wouldn't surpise me if she did take a break and do school for a bit. After making this series a large part of your life, it wouldn't surprise me if doing something different was in the cards.

BTW, a lot of snark from Jeff Wells about Harry Potter:

http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/archi...r_vs_biolo.php

Jason

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
It's kinda nice to see Jeff Wells' head-up-the-ass disease is not restricted to the LOTR films. The fuck, man? Is he seriously contending that because the "Harry Potter" series features family-friendly, slightly sanitized teenagers and because it apparently doesn't allow Radcliffe and Watson (why leave Grint out of it? After all, he is the oldest of the three) to reflect whatever stereotypical teenage turmoil he imagines is going on in their lives, it's a"charade"? The crazy wino near work could come up with a better argument against the series.

Also, Americans who say "shite"? Posers.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

I 100% totally agree. They haven't missed a beat. I didn't really care for Gambon the first time I saw POA, but I've warmed up to him considerably since then.

I think Jeff was trying to say subtly that he wants to get into Emma's pants. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks