What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix marked a maturation of the series, with David Yates stepping in as director and would stay on for the rest of the series. Warner’s new 4K UHD release is a solid one, with a noticeable upgrade in both video and audio.

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed By:
Video Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating:

Run Time:
Package Includes:

Case Type:

Disc Type:
Region:

Release Date:
MSRP:

The Production:

Video:
3D Rating:

Audio:

Special Features:

Overall:

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
I thought the DTS:X sound track made great use of the overheads... I thought they did a pretty good job with the HDR application in it really made the movie feel new again. I'm looking forward to seeing the first 4 since they where in a big clean-up. I was watching them a couple months ago and they ready didn't hold up.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched this tonight. Like Todd, I found the higher resolution just slightly more detailed than the Blu-ray, most of its gain not very noticeable at all. At their best, the black levels were superb. I didn't find HDR a major factor in the look of this movie, but maybe its use was just more subtle.

The CG of Hagrid's brother and the centaurs really showed how far CG has come in the last half dozen years. They look very computer generated.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The CG of Hagrid's brother and the centaurs really showed how far CG has come in the last half dozen years. They look very computer generated.

Those stood out to me in the original release as well. I think sometimes the HP production team traded realism for efficiency to keep these films coming out every year or so, and for as brilliant as the series is overall, there’s some dodgy CGI here and there. They have that almost translucent quality where they don’t appear to be occupying the same physical space as the live actors.

Users who are viewing this thread