What's new

Harmony Smart Control to New X1 Cable Box (AX014ANM) (1 Viewer)

McWatt

Auditioning
Real Name
JT
I recently bought a Harmony Smart Control (remote + hub). I have not been able to get it to connect to my Xfinity X1 cable box, which is brand new. The model # of the box is AX014ANM, and I believe the manufacturer is Assis.

Harmony does not recognize the model number (only an earlier one, AX013ANM, which doesn't work). I can't manually program it, I believe because the box uses RF instead of IR, so pointing it at the hub and clicking buttons on the remote doesn't work.

I've tried putting in a ton of other model numbers as well, but none work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I can't get it connected to my cable box, the remote and hub become pretty useless.

Thanks!

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Did you call Harmony? I called them when I got my Hub with a tech question and they helped me out. I think that's your best bet.

McWatt

Auditioning
Real Name
JT
I did not realize that they had over-the phone support. Pretty rare nowadays. Thanks for the tip, I will call them right away!!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have an Xfinity X1 cable box and Harmony 650 remote. I had some initial issues getting the box programmed with my remote, too. You are correct that the X1's original remote is RF, not IR, so you cannot use it to teach the Harmony remote. The box will accept IR commands, though.

There should be a definition for a device called "Xfinity X1" in the Harmony database -- at least there is for the Harmony 650. Try that one for your smart control remote. It sounds like you are trying to use the actual manufacturer and/or model number to find the device in the database -- I tried the same thing initially with no luck. The Xfinity X1 definition works perfectly with my 650, though -- every command I need is available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks