What's new

Harmon Kardon AVR110 or 210 (1 Viewer)

Tan_U

Stunt Coordinator
There basically the same except that the 210 has this feature where you can set all the speakers to the same level, sorry I don't know what it's called. The guy said that the AVR210 remote has a microphone in so it can set all the speakers at the same level, wheres the 110 you would have to do it buy hearing it yourself. Is this feature really usefull, does it make a big difference? Also the 210 has pre amp output, but I think it has enough power as is.
So should I spend $100 more for those features?

Scott Pagac

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking at the H/K receivers myself (the 320 in particular) and I looked into some reviews. Some have stated the EZ Set feature (built into the remote to help set the levels) does not work as well as using an SPL with a setup disc (such as Video Essentials).
The pre-amp outs are nice if you plan on going with a larger multi-channel amplifier (or monoblocks) later.
Also, those models will be replaced soon by the 120 and 220, respectively and include DPL II. OneCall has more info on these models. If you do not need what these offer, you may be able to get the 110 or 210 for a bit of a discount.

Tan_U

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the quick reply, I think i'll stick with the 110 since I can get the EZ set feature later from radio shack.

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
i LOVE my 110, but I am kinda bummed about the lack of pre-outs.
Just means i'm going to have to throw the whole damn thing away sooner than I would like.
the 210 remote seems kinda gimmicky, but pre-outs...

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
The 210/220 also has an on-screen display. The 210 has 6ch inputs and pre-amp outputs, but the 220 only has 6ch inputs.
------------------
John Golitsis
Next Big Thing Electronics

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
I have a HK 510 wihcih I really love. The difference between the EZSet feature and my VE disc plus RS SPL meter was only a couple of dB.
You cannot really use the EZSet feature to set the woofer level thou. There is a method but it is certainly not as accurate as the VE disc and SPL meter.
I would spend the extra money to get pre-outs but not necessarily for the EZSet feature. Having the pre-out will let you upgrade to a more powerful amp in the future.
Jeff

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Incidentally, I've posted the brochures for the new receivers as follows:
Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed
------------------
John Golitsis
Next Big Thing Electronics

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
A Letter from H/K:
Hi Chuck,
Sorry for the delay in my response to you. I was waiting for the
product training that we received today to answer you question. The AVR120
and AVR220 incorporate a new feature called Pro Logic II, which is a
substantial difference from the original Pro Logic Decoding. The AVR320 and
AVR520 also offer Pro Logic II as well as a host of other new DSP modes.
The Basic receiver design is still the same. The AVR120 and AVR220 are
already hitting the store shelves. The AVR320 and AVR520 will be available
by the end of this month or the beginning of November.
fun
------------------
Chuck
http://www.hometheaterinsider.com

Scott Pagac

Stunt Coordinator
OK...Here is a question for H/K owners. As posted above, I am also looking into the 320. It will have Logic 7 as well as DPL II. What is the difference between the two? Is one sonically better than the other for cetain applications? Is DPL II being included just because it is the "latest thing" or does it do things Logic & does not? I am planning on using a 7.1 setup in the future. Would one be preferred over the other in that sense for stereo sources?
Any input woud be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks