Hanging Wire

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Gazi, Jan 1, 2002.

1. Steve Gazi

Steve Gazi Stunt Coordinator

What is a good method for hanging the wire around my walls? I'm not doing anything fancy, just putting it up along the corners of my walls.

2. Brian Mansure

Brian Mansure Second Unit

You could use wire channels or if you don't mind the wire being exposed, cable staples should do.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Good luck.
    Brian

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Steve,
    You might want to take a look at my post in this thread over at the “DIY/Advanced Topics” forum.
    Happy Holidays,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. Anthony Stephan

Anthony Stephan Stunt Coordinator

do you have wall to wall carpeting?

You should go along the floor and tuck the wires between the carpeting and the molding. If there are no doors in between, you will have a very neat and professional looking install.

5. Steve Gazi

I saw something on QVC the other night called Museum Gel. It's reusable and holds up to 30-40lbs of weight. They showed it being used for nicknacks, but it should work for a lot of other uses. I'm going to order a jar and see how it works out. I can't do anything pretty here. I'm just going up the back wall, across the ceiling and down the back wall. You'll be able to see the wires really easlily, but I don't mind. It's going to sound great. [​IMG]

6. Pep Guidote

Pep Guidote Agent

How about running wire for somebody that brick walls with plain cement grouting? Does anybody have a suggestion? Or do you feel that glue gun fix will do it? Thanks.

-Pep

7. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

As an alternative, I have some Velcro that I put to goood use. I know, it sounds really stupid but it works so well!

Glenn

8. Steve Gazi

How long should I make the wires to my fronts and center? How much slack should I give them? How about the surrounds?