What's new

Hanging Wire (1 Viewer)

Steve Gazi

Stunt Coordinator
What is a good method for hanging the wire around my walls? I'm not doing anything fancy, just putting it up along the corners of my walls.

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
You could use wire channels or if you don't mind the wire being exposed, cable staples should do.
hsele188fig4.jpeg

Impactpic.jpg

Good luck.
Brian

Anthony Stephan

Stunt Coordinator
do you have wall to wall carpeting?

You should go along the floor and tuck the wires between the carpeting and the molding. If there are no doors in between, you will have a very neat and professional looking install.

Steve Gazi

Stunt Coordinator
I saw something on QVC the other night called Museum Gel. It's reusable and holds up to 30-40lbs of weight. They showed it being used for nicknacks, but it should work for a lot of other uses. I'm going to order a jar and see how it works out. I can't do anything pretty here. I'm just going up the back wall, across the ceiling and down the back wall. You'll be able to see the wires really easlily, but I don't mind. It's going to sound great. :)

Pep Guidote

Agent
How about running wire for somebody that brick walls with plain cement grouting? Does anybody have a suggestion? Or do you feel that glue gun fix will do it? Thanks.

-Pep

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
As an alternative, I have some Velcro that I put to goood use. I know, it sounds really stupid but it works so well!

Glenn

Steve Gazi

Stunt Coordinator
How long should I make the wires to my fronts and center? How much slack should I give them? How about the surrounds?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks