What's new

HALO online (1 Viewer)

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Tried it this morning..actually am not much impressed. The thing is, u still need a PC to get online. I think that alone sucks as most who do have a PC would go and play any multiplayer game. And to top it off, u gotta have broadband.

It would be a fine game though, gameplay wise. Also, another good point is, u can have up to 4 guys on ur one XBOX who could play online with u at the same time. I guess from that premise, u might be able to use other console to ge t more people. A very good way to introduce newbies to online gaming I'd say.

My wish is that Microsoft would come up with a way to get existing Xbox owners online wihtout any other hardware required. Now that would sure be something.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
That is on its way...

Halo online right now is sort of a bypass. It wasn't intended to be used online, but people found a way.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I've been playing HALO online for a few months now, and it is an absolute blast.

Team Slayer, with 4 people vs. 4 people on a large level (Sidewinder) can take almost an hour with a group of equally-skilled people.

Needing a PC is really no big deal, it allows you to find people rather quickly, and create a decent HALO community. There are some quitters, but for the most part the people are swell.

And to top it off, u gotta have broadband.
That's a good thing though. It would be pointless to play this game using a dial-up connection, as there would be nothing but lag. Even with broadband, there's lag from time to time.

-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks