1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

HALO online

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Samonte, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Tried it this morning..actually am not much impressed. The thing is, u still need a PC to get online. I think that alone sucks as most who do have a PC would go and play any multiplayer game. And to top it off, u gotta have broadband.

It would be a fine game though, gameplay wise. Also, another good point is, u can have up to 4 guys on ur one XBOX who could play online with u at the same time. I guess from that premise, u might be able to use other console to ge t more people. A very good way to introduce newbies to online gaming I'd say.

My wish is that Microsoft would come up with a way to get existing Xbox owners online wihtout any other hardware required. Now that would sure be something.

2. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

That is on its way...

Halo online right now is sort of a bypass. It wasn't intended to be used online, but people found a way.

3. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

I've been playing HALO online for a few months now, and it is an absolute blast.

Team Slayer, with 4 people vs. 4 people on a large level (Sidewinder) can take almost an hour with a group of equally-skilled people.

Needing a PC is really no big deal, it allows you to find people rather quickly, and create a decent HALO community. There are some quitters, but for the most part the people are swell.