What's new

Halo 2 HTF Clan (2 Viewers)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Met up w/ Gorehound2 last night for a little while, there were big matches (non-team) w/ sniper and rocket launchers.

I think the initial "I play this 24/7" craze has died down, as most of us decided that we still had to work to earn a living ;)

But I still see a good number of people online when I do log in, but unfortunately I'm PST so when I log in, it's past bedtime for all the east coasters. :frowning:

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Living, shmiving!:)

Gotcha. Perhaps we should have a couple of informal 15 minute "windows" of time where people might expect to find other HTF2'ers around. Say 9:00pm EST and 9:00pm PST?

The idea being that if you feel like playing, you check online around that time, and you are more likely to run into others. This way you have a greater chance of hooking up than if a bunch of us are all checking at different times.

I'm itching for some big team battles!

Martin.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I think I have grown frustrated with the absence of even BASIC Teamwork. Example: Assault, everyone just TAKES OFF, for getting that we need to stick around and protect the Bomb-bearer - that is, if anyone DID bother to pickup the friggin. It happened more than once, Scott nearly popped a vein... People jump into Warthogs and take off ALONE...

Also, people are strangely quiet once the game starts... I mean, the moment I hear a sniper, I ask if it's ours or theirs etc...

Unless you play regularly with the same folk, it's difficult to enjoy anything other than the Slayer stuff. Which is fun on it's own right.

In any case, I enjoy RadiAlarm's battle riffle only games, especially that one KOTH game which lasted like an hour it seemed :D. But he is HTF Forum now I believe...

--
H

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well that's better than the one time where three of us go into a warthog only to be rocketlaunchered by the opposition... :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
The other thing to is that even though some of our guys are now HTF Forum, we don't have to officially make it a "clan" match. Someone just needs to set up a game and invite all the people from the clan and send out separate invites to those on the HTF Forum clan. Sounds like we're all playing custom games anyway (which ARE fun!) so we aren't locked in to just choosing from our clan members.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter

Bwahaahhaaa! Hilarious. Yes, HTF2's Bungie ranking and win to loss ratio definitely reflects our "style" of play.

I think that HTF2 will benefit greatly by the addition of that Team FFA setting which is supposedly coming any day now.

Martin.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The team objective games have been frustrating to me for their lack of teamwork as well, but it's difficult when a) you don't play that often, b) don't play with the same set of people each time and c) you don't have sufficient skills to survive attacks from the opponent. I can recall many times trying to stick with the group but quickly getting dispatched by a rocket or sniper rifle. Then it all seems to go to pot from there. Players are trying their best to get back to the group and have little idea what's happening and more than likely get killed on the way. The more skilled players are consequently left to do it on their own, making it eight against two or three.

So I won't miss the team objective games. I mentioned before I wish there were a way to be a spectator in the matches, that way we could participate in the triumphs of HTF's "elite" group but as fans. :)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Is there a NO Respawn option? Methinks that would add a whole new dimension to the objective based games. Like thinking twice before heading alone into the enemy base...
True that :D

You know, I hope no one is mistaking me for a skilled player (no one would on the battlefield anyway :laugh: ), but at least I talk :D.

--
H

James T

Screenwriter

I believe there is. It's a last man standing rules. You can even lower the time for the bomb/flag, so if you are the flag carrier and you get killed, almost instantly, the flag returns to base.

I played one quick match game with three complete strangers. It was assault, but we planned everything right from the start. I was the bomb carrier, and when I entered the base, there were three enemy guys firing away at the decoy. My driver (after dropping me off) became decoy #2. I'm guessing the enemy had tunnel vision, because I walked right into their line of sight and never got hit once in the crossfire. I then made it to bomb area and just crouched until the bomb was armed. I was still surrounded by the three opposing team members, but they never hit me once!
We won the game and added each other to our friends list. We played a few more games afterwards and one them all except the last one. Good communication can win you games you don't deserve to win.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor

I got some of you guys on my buddylist. I still need to add some, though. I will try hosting up some more big custom games in the future. I still find the big custom games very enjoyable.

ZoranM

Stunt Coordinator
So I haven't played Halo2 in about a week and last night I'm in the Rumble Pit and someone mentions all the cheating going on in Clan matches. So today I go online and find out about all of the new types of cheating going on in XBL for Halo2.

Things like Blue screen modem reset, chucking the flag through walls, hiding things like the bomb in places that aren't accessable.

Has anyone who has played the Team or Clan matches noticed any of these things? I'm almost always in Rumble Pit so I havn't really (or I'm just not paying attention while I'm being slaughtered).

Apparently the Blue Screen cheat is the most used and is becoming quite popular.

Anyway just wondering if any of the regular clan or team players have noticed anything.

cheers,

Zoran

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
The flag flies way off when u die as a result of explosions...which I've done several times...at times on purpose so my teammates can get it. As for the bluescreen thingy, how does that look like?

ZoranM

Stunt Coordinator
The flag cheat I was referring to is throwing it in the corner then having a teamate on the other side of the wall reach throught the wall and grab it.

This one is especially annoying on beaver creek. The player can just grab the flag, throw it in the corner, teamate reaches through from outside and then jumps in the teleporter to their base.

As for the Blue screen cheat, If you are the host for the match all you have to do is it hit reset on your router or your modem and then everyone but you gets the blue screen (connection lost please wait)it gives them a 10 second window to run around and do whatever they want while everyone else is left standing around.

cheers,

Zoran

ZoranM

Stunt Coordinator

I know what you mean, I would think a quick fix for this cheat would be for Bungie to patch the game so that if a Blue screen is detected, it blue screens for everyone including the host until the game is resumed.

Sergey M

Stunt Coordinator
Heads up for you guys... Bungie's finally updated the playlists. Read more here.

Here's a quick overview of what has changed:

1. Two brand new playlists - "TEAM SLAYER" - You wanted it, now you've got it. All team slayer, all the time. This is a new ranked playlist so everyone will be able to battle their way to the top of the leaderboards all over again.

"RUMBLE TRAINING" - This is a new unranked playlist that shares the Rumble Pit playlists. The best part about this new playlist is that you can enter into it with guests and even as a party of up to 8 players.

2. Freshening Existing Playlists - The various gametypes and maps for the existing gametypes have been freshened up and the various weights have been adjusted to create more variety and take advantage of more of what's available. Foundation has also been added where applicable.

3. Big Team Battle - You can now enter this playlist with a party of up to 8 players. However, please note that entering into playlists witih large parties may result in longer wait times as the game tries to find another party of 8. We'll be monitoring this.

4. Major Clan Match - This playlist now supports parties as small as 5 and the team imbalance has been changed to 1. So, no more 6 vs. 8 matches.

5. Game Times - The match time limit for nearly every gametype has been extended to allow for more carnage.

6. Miscellaneous Tweaks - A number of other little things have been adjusted like removing the Banshee from the Head to Head matches on Ascension, removing the glitched "Sudden Death" from some Assault games that could cause the match to last forever and we even added a CTF variant featuring Wraiths and turrets on Coagulation.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Sounds good! I like how Bungie is still working on this. It'll be nice to actually have a game that uses the "Download" feature, even if it is just for online play. :)

James T

Screenwriter
Today, while playing a game, I almost screwed up a victory in CTF. I was guarding our flag boy and after I killed two people. He was within 15 feet of the target area and I told him, "You look clear". At that exact moment, a sniper hit him dead. I quickly picked up the flag and marched in for the easiest flag score I will ever get. The next round, I apologized to him and told him exactly what I said that he LOOKED clear.;)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Well, I finally got around to setting up my xbl and would love an invite to the HTF2 clan. Have to warn you all that Im a total noob with H2 and xbl, but would love to give it a shot. Gamertag is Glassmaker. Not sure how it all works, but I think I need an invite into the clan for starts. And you don't have to worry about me being unsportsmanlike either, I just wanna have fun! TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks