Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
FdrPf-DWQAEbLq1

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I got my cinema tickets bought for opening day! I feel bad I missed Kills last year in the cinema and opted to just watch it on Peacock, but it was just too hard last year in October, but we have been able to make something work (at the moment) with childcare for this day. I’m really amped for it!

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Or……join AMC A-List for about $25 a month and see up to 12 films with no reservation fees or restrictions. ;)
The Pandemic let the Genie out of the bottle. Movie theaters are on borrowed time. As far as the move itself is concerned I hope it is over once and for all

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The studios may need to bailout the theaters then, as while the studios are making billions the theaters are declaring bankruptcy.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The Pandemic let the Genie out of the bottle. Movie theaters are on borrowed time. As far as the move itself is concerned I hope it is over once and for all
Pretty much disagree with all of this…but didn’t wanna use the ugly red thumbs down emoji. :D

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Pretty much disagree with all of this…but didn’t wanna use the ugly red thumbs down emoji. :D
I don’t see the cost benefit. Taking a family of 4 to the movies costs a lot these days figure $8 per ticket on the low end. Then ancillaries like popcorn, drinks etc. you could be looking at about $75-100 for a night out plus the cost of gasoline for your car. As opposed to a subscription for $9.99 a month for a streaming service and eating at home. Even if subscription prices increase, you’re still saving money and you don’t have to deal with Traffic, crowds etc

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don’t see the cost benefit. Taking a family of 4 to the movies costs a lot these days figure $8 per ticket on the low end. Then ancillaries like popcorn, drinks etc. you could be looking at about $75-100 for a night out plus the cost of gasoline for your car. As opposed to a subscription for $9.99 a month for a streaming service and eating at home. Even if subscription prices increase, you’re still saving money and you don’t have to deal with Traffic, crowds etc
Yes, it's cheaper for people to stream a movie but that still doesn't fill in the billion dollar hole for every huge franchise movie in the pockets of the studios if the theaters were to close.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I’m sure many with families agree with you. To each their own. I prefer seeing films in a theater with a crowd(when it’s safe). With AMC A-List I see the cost benefit clearly.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Nothing in this franchise beyond the first two original movies EVER made sense. And nothing in any of the follow-ups was EVER AGAIN as shocking, suspenseful or terrifying. Gore does not equal thrills, folks. The endless reboots, remakes and sequels just helped to wreck a classic two-picture shocker/horror masterpiece.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The endless reboots, remakes and sequels just helped to wreck a classic two-picture shocker/horror masterpiece.
What bearing do any of the sequels have on the quality of the first two. Do you think they are now suddenly bad because of your opinion of the sequels?

For instance does Arthur stink because of it’s sequel?
Or Jaws
Or The Exorcist
Etc..

I never understood this way of thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks