What's new

Halloween Ends (2022) (1 Viewer)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Looks like we're in for a brutal Laurie vs. Michael showdown.

FLz164OVcAs6-rQ

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As long as Ends has a definitive ending to the story in the three other movies, I'm perfectly fine with the inevitable reboot (and I'm sure Carpenter is smart enough to know that whatever the creative team's intent is, the series will keep going). There's plenty of other bad Halloween sequels, new timelines and retcons that I have no problem basically ignoring when I don't like them so give me a finale to this tale and then have fun starting things over in a few years.

As an aside, there'll have been 5 Halloween movies and only one Friday The 13th made in the last 15 years. That also means that there's more Halloweens than Friday The 13ths which, considering how fast they made Fridays in the 80's, is pretty incredible to me.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, they certainly could end it. They definitely ran out of story to tell a long time ago. Halloween Kills was basically dead on arrival and featured some truly terrible writing and set up "Ends" as the final absurd showdown between geriatric final girl and villain.

It seems pretty obvious what the "end" will be but because we are so conditioned now to known properties being rebooted, continued, turned into a universe...well...I assume we will expect some sort of return of this franchise.

There still is the potential to do Halloween Season of the Witches and go down a rabbit hole with that.

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Look at you guys, expecting "story" from a slasher film.

How cute.

Kills delivers on the slasher part for sure. It would have been better if they just cut all the dialogue and just set it to the music in the film. It is also certainly a "fan" film. With plenty of nods to the fans, my favorite was the use of the masks from Halloween 3. That was fun.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
"...the end for me of this trilogy."

Sounds like she's leaving the door open.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
"...the end for me of this trilogy."

Sounds like she's leaving the door open.
In the sentence before that, she says how it's the "END for me on the Halloween movies" so I don't think she's trying to create some loophole to come back. If anything, they're going to promote this movie as the end of the series to boost the gross so even if everyone is intent on making a 'fourth' movie with her, they aren't going to say a thing about that until this movie comes out.

SixOfTheRichest

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daz
This is really one of the most convoluted and messy film franchises from a slasher film series. Friday The 13th and A Nightmare On Elm Street came with fantasy elements attributed to them, with FT13th part 6 turning Jason into an unstoppable zombie. They could bend and flex these series into more absurd ways and have them make more sense.

The Halloween sequels/reboots I find tiresome and dull. Michael Myers was burnt to a crisp at the end of Halloween II - '81 and that is where he was intended to stay.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
My favorite part of Kills was the way they brought back Loomis, if only for one brief bit. I liked the kids wearing the Halloween 3 masks as well. I think momentum is building for the Season of the Witch remake.

Of course, I am one of the small handful of Halloween 3 fans so...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Of course, I am one of the small handful of Halloween 3 fans so...
Never underestimate the appeal of Halloween III, there's definitely been a big reappraisal of that movie over the last decade. It took about 35 years but I think it's finally found its audience because it's no longer a shocking statement to say that HIII is good in the horror community. I saw John Carpenter doing a Q&A maybe in 2015 or so and someone asked "What were you guys thinking when you didn't put Michael Myers in Halloween III?" and people started booing the guy. Horror fans don't take shit. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks