Halloween Ends (2022)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Halloween Ends

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Director: David Gordon Green

Cast: Jamie Lee Curtis, Andi Matichak, Nick Castle, James Jude Courtney, Kyle Richards, Will Patton

Release: 2022-10-13

Plot: Four years after the traumatic events of Halloween 2018, the nightmare ends as Laurie Strode comes face to face with Michael Myers, once and for all.
MV5BZDVhNjhkMWQtYzcxYS00MTY3LTkzYWItZDgyMTIxNDkxYWZjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3MDAxNDcw._V1_.jpg
The saga of Michael Myers and Laurie Strode comes to a spine-chilling climax in this final installment of the franchise. (Via imdb)​

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Kyle-Richards-04.jpg

Kyle Richards is reprising her original “Halloween” role once again in “Halloween Ends,” the final installment in David Gordon Green’s new trilogy of films in the iconic horror series, Variety has learned exclusively.

Richards recently closed her deal for “Halloween Ends,” which heads into production next month and is set to be released in Oct. 2022.

Richards will join star Jamie Lee Curtis, who she first met as a child actor when she was cast at the age of eight in the original “Halloween” as Lindsey Wallace, the character who Curtis’ Laurie Strode babysat in the 1978 film from director John Carpenter. https://variety.com/2021/film/news/kyle-richards-halloween-ends-trilogy-lindsey-wallace-1235127456/

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sure, sure. Just like Halloween H20 ended it. Until the next sequel.
No doubt that the series will continue but I don't think the creative team and definitely Curtis are going to be back again. They basically have to restart continuity again so Michael isn't a 65 year old man running around killing people.

Also, my understanding was that they shot Kills and Ends back to back but apparently, I shouldn't trust everything I read on the internet. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If they're putting "Ends" in the title, they had better have a definitive conclusion for this arc. No "stingers" at the end leaving it open for another sequel.

I know this trilogy has been the most wildly successful of the franchise at the box office, but don't get greedy.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If they're putting "Ends" in the title, they had better have a definitive conclusion for this arc. No "stingers" at the end leaving it open for another sequel.

I know this trilogy has been the most wildly successful of the franchise at the box office, but don't get greedy.
Agreed. Unless they want to mimic the ending of the original movie, I really think there will be a definitive ending to this story. Ending it would also give them another reason to reboot the series in a few years.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Also, my understanding was that they shot Kills and Ends back to back but apparently, I shouldn't trust everything I read on the internet. :)
Maybe they’re just doing some additional shooting to include more of Richards. Starting early 2022 with the expectation of a mid October release sounds awfully tight

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
No doubt that the series will continue but I don't think the creative team and definitely Curtis are going to be back again. They basically have to restart continuity again so Michael isn't a 65 year old man running around killing people.

The original plan was to film them back to back, but the pandemic changed the plan.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If they don’t already have a fair portion of Ends in the can already, I’d be concerned
I wouldn't worry because it's not like this is a big budget movie where it's going to shoot for four or five months and then have a mountain of effects shots to do. The script must be as complete as it's going to be so nine months might be tight but they'll shoot it in the winter and then they have the spring and summer to put it all together. TV shows can go from the page to the screen in two months.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Actor Michael O’Leary reveals his character in the final showdown.
Michael O’Leary from “Law & Order: Organized Crime” reveals on Twitter this week that his “official first day” on the movie is January 27, which lines up with other info we’ve heard.

Additionally, O’Leary reveals on his personal account that he’ll be playing a character named “Doctor Mathis” in Halloween Ends, who was briefly mentioned in Halloween Kills.

David Gordon Green has recently teased that there will be a four-year time jump from the events of Kills to the events of Ends, and Kyle Richards will be back as Lindsey Wallace.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Isn't Michael already an old guy?

In the 2018 "Halloween", he would've been 61. Since "Kills" takes place the same night, he'd be the same age there.

"Ends" isn't supposed to follow "Kills" immediately - not sure how much after "Kills" it'll take place, but not the same night.

Michael will still be at least 61 but he could be as 65 if they place "Ends" in 2022.

I don't think most people think about Michael's age anyway. Ya gotta take a massive suspension of disbelief to accept the character's actions and survival - if you can swallow his essentially supernatural presentation, you can accept a 60-something dude doing it! :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Isn't Michael already an old guy?

In the 2018 "Halloween", he would've been 61. Since "Kills" takes place the same night, he'd be the same age there.

"Ends" isn't supposed to follow "Kills" immediately - not sure how much after "Kills" it'll take place, but not the same night.

Michael will still be at least 61 but he could be as 65 if they place "Ends" in 2022.

I don't think most people think about Michael's age anyway. Ya gotta take a massive suspension of disbelief to accept the character's actions and survival - if you can swallow his essentially supernatural presentation, you can accept a 60-something dude doing it! :D
That's basically all correct but Michael being an old man in these movies is necessary since they brought back Jamie Lee Curtis and are using the original movie's history which dictated that they couldn't pretend that he's not an old man now. IF they don't have Laurie finally kill Michael (after the ending of Halloween Kills, I don't see any way that they can't end it with her killing him) and Curtis leaving the series, they'll need to reboot the movies anyway so they'll also make Michael a younger man and they'll probably avoid mentioning a year he was born so they can run with that new continuity for a long time.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
That's basically all correct but Michael being an old man in these movies is necessary since they brought back Jamie Lee Curtis and are using the original movie's history which dictated that they couldn't pretend that he's not an old man now.

Sure, but I read your earlier comment to imply Michael's not a 60-something in the current movies. Sounded like you felt they needed to reboot to avoid a 65-year-old Michael... though he's already about that age in the current films...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sure, but I read your earlier comment to imply Michael's not a 60-something in the current movies. Sounded like you felt they needed to reboot to avoid a 65-year-old Michael... though he's already about that age in the current films...
No, I'm a huge nerd :) so I know Michael was born in 1957 and that makes him 61 in the 2018 movie and Kills. I meant more about the inevitable reboot of the series. That way in ten or fifteen years when they're still periodically churning out sequels, he won't be a geriatric serial killer. :laugh:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
That's basically all correct but Michael being an old man in these movies is necessary since they brought back Jamie Lee Curtis and are using the original movie's history which dictated that they couldn't pretend that he's not an old man now. IF they don't have Laurie finally kill Michael (after the ending of Halloween Kills, I don't see any way that they can't end it with her killing him) and Curtis leaving the series, they'll need to reboot the movies anyway so they'll also make Michael a younger man and they'll probably avoid mentioning a year he was born so they can run with that new continuity for a long time.

When will they make the sequel to Halloween 3 Season of the Witch...Halloween Season of the Witches?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks