What's new

Halloween Ends (2022) (2 Viewers)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Does it really end though?

I do give this film credit for featuring two elderly main characters trying to kill each other. I still think they should have a chase involving each of them using a walker. The suspense would be amazing.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I absolutely expect a definitive ending for these characters and their story. I also absolutely expect them to reboot the series in a couple of years too so they're gonna have it both ways.

Yeah, I think it basically comes to an end for Jamie Lee Curtis, she can finally walk away from this. I think the Michael Myers thing will just keep going because they prefer to recycle rather than go with something new.

I still wish the Carpenter plan had happened, that the third film kicked off a series of different films that take place on Halloween. That could have been a lot of fun. Having these two chasing each other around during their AARP years is just a level of ridiculous that is off the charts. I did not much care for the second film in the "geriatric" trilogy (except for the call backs to the original pictures) and good god, they need three films to finish this off?

I think there should be a film, starring Ellen Burstyn and Jamie of course, about film producers stalking elderly actors to get them to make sequels to horror pictures they were in when they were young. They could call it Nightmare on Hollywood Boulevard.

JoeStemme

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph
Yeah, I think it basically comes to an end for Jamie Lee Curtis, she can finally walk away from this. I think the Michael Myers thing will just keep going because they prefer to recycle rather than go with something new.

I still wish the Carpenter plan had happened, that the third film kicked off a series of different films that take place on Halloween. That could have been a lot of fun. Having these two chasing each other around during their AARP years is just a level of ridiculous that is off the charts. I did not much care for the second film in the "geriatric" trilogy (except for the call backs to the original pictures) and good god, they need three films to finish this off?

I think there should be a film, starring Ellen Burstyn and Jamie of course, about film producers stalking elderly actors to get them to make sequels to horror pictures they were in when they were young. They could call it Nightmare on Hollywood Boulevard.

Agree on all points!
And, the relative failure of HALLOWEEN III just proves that audiences get what THEY want - more sequels, rather than something new. We already had H20 where it supposedly all "ends". Now, they are pushing this one as the same.
As long as suckers....er....audiences keep showing up, they'll find a way to keep rebooting and remaking 'em.
The only folks who can make sure it "ends" -- are AUDIENCES.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Agree on all points!
And, the relative failure of HALLOWEEN III just proves that audiences get what THEY want - more sequels, rather than something new. We already had H20 where it supposedly all "ends". Now, they are pushing this one as the same.
As long as suckers....er....audiences keep showing up, they'll find a way to keep rebooting and remaking 'em.
The only folks who can make sure it "ends" -- are AUDIENCES.

I mean I get it, movies about monsters are kind of eternal and the monsters that were once huge, Dracula, the mummy, werewolves, and Frankenstein's monster no longer appeal to younger audiences as much. So, now the "classic" monsters will be Michael, Jason, and Freddie, I guess. They will recycle those as long as they can.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Plus, I don't want to knock the fact that these horror franchises are creating work for older actors, that is a good thing. I do think Mel Brooks could have had a field day with all the current franchise films.

JoeStemme

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph
Plus, I don't want to knock the fact that these horror franchises are creating work for older actors, that is a good thing. I do think Mel Brooks could have had a field day with all the current franchise films.
I've worked with Jamie Lee Curtis. She's the best. But, crikey, it "ended" in 1998 with H20. Glad she can cash in (not that she's hurting for work).

And, to say this "ends" these characters' stories is folly. Maybe, Jamie Lee won't be back, but all the main characters including Laurie will return at some point with different actors.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I've worked with Jamie Lee Curtis. She's the best. But, crikey, it "ended" in 1998 with H20. Glad she can cash in (not that she's hurting for work).

And, to say this "ends" these characters' stories is folly. Maybe, Jamie Lee won't be back, but all the main characters including Laurie will return at some point with different actors.
Jamie is great and I don't want to knock her. I think if they reboot after this, maybe I should just say when they reboot, they should rewrite the whole thing so it is a new story. No more Laurie. They only really need Michael, he is the monster that sells this idea, so just create a new universe for him to inhabit if you do this again.

Not that I am encouraging they do this again.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Forget the lousy H20 (on multiple levels), it can be said that it ended in 1981 with Halloween II. The new movies have not been perfect but they've both been way better than any other Halloween movie since 1988.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
From the vibe I’ve gotten from Jamie Lee Curtis in interviews (and if I’m remembering it right), it really annoyed her that they forced a sequel clause on H20 which meant she had to come back for another one, even though she wanted Michael to finally be dead at the end of H20. I think the fact she was made to do the 8th and how bad it was may have motivated her to come back for these new movies to give it another try to end things properly. I was kind of whatever-y towards the 2018 film when it came out, but upon re-watching it last year before the new one my opinion of it has improved and I REALLY liked it, and I really appreciated Kills too. I’m VERY much looking forward to Ends. Yeah, these films have gotten into a ridiculous realm, but in a delightfully entertaining way.

I still VERY much prefer thinking of the original and 1981’s Halloween II as my preferred timeline and when the series should have ended (or moved to anthology movies thereafter). But the original followed by this new trilogy is turning into a CLOSE second.

I re-watched H20 last year also, and it really hasn’t held up, IMO. I like how it ends, but the movie as a whole is not very good. (And, MY GOD, that mask! 🙄) Halloween 4 is still a guilty pleasure.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It took me a while, but finally watched Halloween Kills. Now I'm all set for Halloween Ends whenever tickets decide to go on sale. I'm not generally a slasher or horror fan, but Halloween falls into it's own, special "camp" for me. Where Freddy does legit give me goosebumps and I find Jason boring, Michael is on a different level. Very much looking forward to Halloween Ends.

JasonRoer

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason Roer
I'm so excited for this one too. Halloween is my favorite series of the "big three." I love the Nightmare movies as well, but like you, I find Jason somewhat boring. I'll watch the Friday the 13th films, but my heart is, and always will be, with Halloween.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks